Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the whisker biscuit the best arrow rest out there??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the whisker biscuit the best arrow rest out there??

Is the whisker biscuit the best arrow rest out there??

Heck no my favoriteis the Trophy taker. Absolutly quiet and works everytime. Whisker bisquit is hard on vanes and makes noise while costing some speed.

Comment

del has a good point, for simplicity sake the whisker biscuit is great but it will cost you noise, fletching wear, accuracy, and speed. But not so much that it is a bad product or anything.

Comment

The reason I use the biscuit is because it always holds my arrow while stalking. However next season I may change to a nap drop-away rest.

Comment

I honestly believe noise is the beggest problem we have to deal with. If a deer hears the bow and jumps the string no bow is fast enough to catch him.

Comment

Del has hit the nail on the head. I have 3 brand new biscuits I tried on all of my bows and took them all off after just 2 months.

Comment

I like my biscuit but it is a bit loud. Also I use the same bow for bowfishing and you have to pay more attention to where your arrow is with it.

Comment

Some are a bit loud but they hold your arrow very good. Some of the people I know have had problems with drop-aways shifting their arrow before they shoot.

Comment

No its not the best but it IS one of the best all around hunting rests for the reasons listed above you can always have an arrow ready to go and not have to worry about it falling off the rest.

Comment

I think the best is the Trophy Taker Xxtreme Full Containment Top Slot Rest. I used to shoot the deluxe whisker biscuit, but it really effected my accuracy, especially past 30 yards. It also wrecks your vanes, slows your arrows down between 5-7 feet per second, and collects moisture and frost when it gets cold; thus causing a loud screach when you draw! The best way to go is a drop away, for 0 arrow contact in free flight.

Comment

Not the best. I ve heard great things from the ripcord. If you get a fall away, dont go cheap.

Comment

i like the biscuit, i had a drop away on my bow and took it off, and put the biscuit.

Comment

I like the biscuit. I've shot over two thousand arrows through mine and it still work like it's supposed to. When I practice I use 10 arrows. Shoot 10 then go pull them out and shoot the same 10 again and the only time I have to replace vanes is due to target penetration.

Comment

I like the Whisker biscuit...but the hair pie is better!!

Comment

I have observed many biscuit owners constanly replacing fletchings on their arrows. After going to a drop away I have never been a fan of anything that touches the arrow in flight. It realy boils down to what you want the rest to do. Do you want a rest that holds the arrow in place no matter what you do? I personaly use a muzzy zero effect rest. It drops away and cradles the arrow so it cannot go anywhere unless you turn the bow upside down. Which I do not think is good practice when hunting anyway. Shoot your friends bows with different rests and find one that your comfortable shooting. Because a good shot in archery has to do more with the person shooting the bow than the equipment itself.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to The George Floyd case.
                                by 99explorer
                                I do feel sorry for those rookie cops on the scene who had their backs to the brutality being committed by their senior officer.
                                Today, 06:00 PM
                              • The George Floyd case.
                                by FirstBubba
                                Body cam footage shows Floyd wasn't murdered. The cop kneeling on his neck might have been negligent, but his actions did not kill Floyd.
                                Minnesota...
                                Yesterday, 10:23 PM
                              • Reply to How do you fly ?
                                by DakotaMan
                                I tend to buy scopes to fill a need that I already have in hand. I always shop hard and can usually find a good deal somewhere on the planet when I am...
                                Today, 05:48 PM
                              • How do you fly ?
                                by jhjimbo
                                Do you buy a scope when it is on deep discount, then look for the perfect rifle to put it on ? Or, you have the rifle and it needs glass, justkeep looking...
                                Today, 04:18 PM
                              • Reply to Do You Like To Fish In The Rain ?
                                by dewman
                                As long as no lightning I don't care if it rains.
                                Today, 05:45 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X