Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which bow is the fastest and better, the PSE X-Force, or the Matthews Monster? What about the Hoyt AlphaMax 32 vs. the Bowtech A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which bow is the fastest and better, the PSE X-Force, or the Matthews Monster? What about the Hoyt AlphaMax 32 vs. the Bowtech A

Which bow is the fastest and better, the PSE X-Force, or the Matthews Monster? What about the Hoyt AlphaMax 32 vs. the Bowtech Admiral?

Don't know. But go to Cabela's.com and they give you all of the information you need on the bows.

Comment

PSE X-Force, Bowtech Admiral

Comment

I just purchased the Hoyt Alphamax 32. It is by far in my opinion the best bow out on the market. I have shot the Matthews(350 ibo), PSE(348 ibo), Bowtech(320 ibo), and Hoyt(321 ibo). The Alphamax might be the slowest of these at 321 fps, however it is the quietest and still 321 is blazing fast. In the hand, the Hoyt felt the most comfortable with the Matthews in second followed by the Bowtech. The thing about these three bows are they are based on a parallel limb design and the x-force is a past parallel limb bow. Finally all are dual cam bows which are mostly faster that single cam bows ie: Matthews Reezen, Diamond Iceman. But the best advice I can give you is go to your local pro shop and ask to shoot each one. I'm sure they would be willing to let you shoot a lot of arrows. Than pick the one that feels the best overall. Good luck!

Comment

Faster does not equal better, and better is very subjective some bows work well for some people and others do not. My advice would be to go to a proshop and shoot some different bows and find out what you like. Faster bows are faster but they are often times more difficult to shoot and are less forgiving, everything in archery is a trade off. Lighter arrows fly faster but don't hit as hard as heavy arrows, its all about balance.

Comment

Go to www.huntersfriend.com . They have very helpful charts.

Comment

imo give me a good REEZEN to buy a mathews. I shot the AM 32 and it blows this years lineup out of the water. I am totally unbiased being that i'm younger and have only owned a darton. I shot the new hoyt and the new mathews line. It was all over from there. If I had a bowtech dealer within 60 miles I'd test out the admiral, but as far as I can see by the reviews it's hoyt all the way. I bought the alphamax 32 there on the spot! No regrets. Shoot one for yourself!

Comment

HCA speed pro is the fastest bow out there. At 70# 29"and 350 gr. arrow 344fps. With HCA arrows and the guarantee on their bow shooting them 368fps. This is not IBO this is what the bow shoots ready to hunt.

Comment

I think the Hoyt Alphamax 32' is the best bow on the market as far as speed and nock down power. If you like any other bow I think you are any idiot in my opinion. I guess if you don't shot one its your loss not mine. I owned a monster from mathews and had my likes as well as the dislikes and when i shot the alphamax it was just likes no dislikes. Take the time to shoot them and the rest will be history.

Comment

Matthews Monster and Hoyt AlphaMax 32!!!

Comment

1.)It's a new year with many more options but.......these are different types of bows for different folks; apples to oranges so to speak.
                      2.)368fps hunting rig?????????? Someone drank the Kool-Aid again

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad