Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well heres two questions I've always wanted to know... Which one? feathers or fletchings [viens]? and why? and also another big

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well heres two questions I've always wanted to know... Which one? feathers or fletchings [viens]? and why? and also another big

Well heres two questions I've always wanted to know... Which one? feathers or fletchings [viens]? and why? and also another big one with me... Kisser button, or peep? and also why? These are two personal bow options that I love to argue and hear points on, also I lean more torwards a kisser button and most people neglect or put down the old style. So whats your choice and why?

viens and peep sight. feathers don't last as long and will get wet and not shoot the same. I like the peep because it makes me feel more accurate. Its more like shooting a rifle and its all about what makes you more confident.

Just shoot them a lot, they all work.

Comment

I agree. Veins and peep sight. The feathers are more for show i think, and are less accurate and fall off. And peep ssights are just better, and very simple to use.

Comment

Well be that as it may, but since i shoot traditional recurve i must have my arrows custom made with feathers and i don,t use sights but, CPT BRAD has a point the feathers do get wrecked and at $120 a dozen their not something i want ruin

Comment

Plastic veins are better that feathers.

I do not care for peep sights. I think they are good on target bows or for 3D shooters but for hunting they are bad news. Think about it. Why have something obstructing your shooting eye? Peeps reduce your field of vision, your light and cause you to shut one eye resulting in loss of depth perception.

Comment

I like vanes for durability and a peep just cuz I'm more comfortable with it. I wont say one is better than the other, this is just my personal preference.

Comment

I've never used feathers but I'm thinking about it because my brother (a trad shooter) has some good arguments FOR them. As far as a kisser button, never used one of those either, but they make sense, especially when using a peep. I'm finding out, every time that I shoot, that form is everything in archery. I am teaching myself to do the same thing, the same way, every time. A kisser would probably help, IMO.

Comment

Well, I use both kisser button and peep. I use the kisser button as a reasurance on my accuracy. Because they teach you to shoot with a peep with your hand under your jaw and nose on the string. But for me I don't always get it as perfect. So I use the button with a peep just so my anchor point is ALWAYS or at least 9 out of 10 times right on! I've never used feathers but I plan on shooting a recurve next year so I suppose I'm going to have too.

Comment

I like feathers because they are traditional. A light coat of camp dry on them keeps them damp proof. I don't use a kisser or peep. I anchor with my index finger in the corner of mouth.

Comment

Traditionally I use sheild cut feathers. They are more forgiving while going to the target. On my compound I use vanes and a peep sight. Vanes shoot well when wet and the peep is a lot like a scope for a gun.

Comment

With my compound, I use both a peep and a kisser. I like the confidence when aligning the ring of the peep with the ring on my sight, and I like the feel of the consistent anchor point with the kisser. I recently switched from feathers to the quik-spin vanes and really like them so far.

Comment

Blazer Vanes and an in-line peep. Blazer vanes are the most durable and accurate vanes out there. In-line peeps won't slow your arrow down as much as a kisser or a peep with rubber tubbing (to alighn with site).

Comment

Feathers. I would rather not use plastic. I used to make my own arrows and I might do so again, feathers on wood arrows are my preference. Peep sights? clickers? No way I shoot the way I learned as a kid in the 70's instinctively. It takes more practice when you are beginning but it goes with the KISS rule.

Comment

I like viens and peep sight.

Comment

used a peep and kisser button for hunting and last year took advice from an old time bow hunter and removed my peep and will never put it back on for hunting. My accuracy never changed using just the kisser button and took every deer and pig I shot at. Got a new bow this year and the hunting buddies came by and shot my old bow without a peep and shot groups as good without a peep as they did with one. We are getting ready for this season and I noticed they do not use peep sights anymore just a kisser button.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How do you fly ?
                                by PigHunter
                                Like most everyone else, I buy a scope to feel a need. Only a few times have I taken advantage of a sale.

The Leupold VX3i on my .308 is...
                                Today, 06:44 PM
                              • How do you fly ?
                                by jhjimbo
                                Do you buy a scope when it is on deep discount, then look for the perfect rifle to put it on ? Or, you have the rifle and it needs glass, justkeep looking...
                                Today, 04:18 PM
                              • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
                                by PigHunter
                                Bubba, I've been curious too. This is our first and so far I like it during dry fire. We're going to see how it is at the range in a few days....
                                Today, 06:35 PM
                              • Handgun Laser Sights
                                by PigHunter
                                On 7/19, Milldawg mentioned he'd ordered a laser sight for his wife's Ruger LCP 380 and they were on sale at MidwayUSA. Well, that inspired me to order...
                                08-03-2020, 11:20 AM
                              • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
                                by PigHunter
                                Good question. The old style Ruger LC9 has a very long trigger pull that's similar to that of a double action only revolver. I think it would be unlikely...
                                Today, 06:32 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X