Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of string suppressors for your bow? Are they worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Yes!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Yes!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Yes!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Yes!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Yes!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Yes...They are worth it!!!

Leave a comment:

• shane mcelroy
    replied
    i do believe in them helps with noise alot!

Leave a comment:

• Big C
    replied
    Worth the $$.

Leave a comment:

• FloridaHunter1226
    replied
    String suppressors are some of the most important things to have on a bow. Although a bow might be fast, you need to make it as quiet as possible so that the animal does not flinch or even run away from the sound of the bow.

Leave a comment:

• thuroy
    replied
    string suppressors are great, but be careful not to by some of the older models that are like yarn or can absorb water. If they are to get wet they will greatly slow down your string causing you to shoot low. At thirty yards it could be 6-8 inches. As for the comet by CPT brad 300 fps is far short of the speed of sound and alert deer can still jump a string which can be witnessed on many of the hunting shows out there. Another important thing is to make sure everything stays tight. Over a period of time items on your bow can come loose causing unwanted noise.

Leave a comment:

• ETangler
    replied
    Definately worth it!

Leave a comment:

• ETangler
    replied
    Definately worth it!

Leave a comment:

• CPT BRAD
    replied
    I think horseman308 hit it, but I will say this (and I'm probably wrong) their importance is dimminishing as bow speeds increase. 10 years ago when I was getting about 100 fps less out of my bow I know the deer can jump the arrow but with 300+ FPS it becomes very hard for the deer to duck/jump the shot.
    But yes I will take any advantage I can get when bow hunting. I think the best thing they do is take the vibration out of it. My Mathews is pretty quiet anyway.

Leave a comment:

• horseman308
    replied
    I think they're generally worth it, though for a variety of reasons. They make most bows much quieter, and that's reason enough. They also do a lot to absorb vibration and deaden the felt-shock to your hand, which is also great.

But to me, here's the biggest advantage. I accidentally dry-fired my bow a couple of years ago. The string broke, and a couple of smaller bolts broke. But the rest of the bow was unharmed. I had the string-suppressor on my bow and I firmly believe that it absorbed enough of the shock that it saved my bow (minus the need for a new string and two small bolts).

Leave a comment:

• NolanOsborne
    replied
    what about on a crossbow?

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad