Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am new to bow hunting and i would like to know what is the best broadhead to use in a Matthews Drenalin. Also i would like a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am new to bow hunting and i would like to know what is the best broadhead to use in a Matthews Drenalin. Also i would like a

I am new to bow hunting and i would like to know what is the best broadhead to use in a Matthews Drenalin. Also i would like a fixed blade instead of a mechanical.

You want a fixed blade over a mechanical? Good choice. You already know more than most bowhunters. I like the cut on contact G5, Thunderheads and Muzzy's. Good luck and don't forget to buy extra broadheads to practice with.

Spend a little extra time tuning your bow and you'll see most fixed blades fly pretty darn good.

Comment

i like the muzzy's

Comment

I like G5 also, they fly the same as my field points and do incredible damage. Thunderheads are nice, but watch the blades, they can loosen and fall out if you are not careful. Replaceable, which is a good thing. G5 all 1 piece and a little more expensive. Can resharpen though. You can actually buy target broadheads which are cheaper than the real thing.

Comment

G5 Montecs are worth the price. They are very durable, easy to resharpen, and can be used to kill multiple animals. They are stone cold deadly, too.

Comment

I have muzzy's and crimson talons, both fly like the Jesus.

Comment

I've had very good success with both the mechanical and the fixed blade heads. The Thunderhead 100 is a head that I've used an awful lot and I've never had any problems with them. I've never had an arrow with a Thunderhead stay in the deer, they have all gone straight through. The biggest buck that I've ever tagged with a bow was shot with a thunderhead and that particular head had been used on three deer. One of the great features of this head is that
              it's very easy to sharpen with a diamond hone.

Comment

Liberty- I agree fully. I have been using Thunderhead 100 for the last 3 seasons after sinking a bunch of money into some mechanicals and other brands. They fly very close to the practice tips and strike home with authority. Great broadheads and fairly reasonable especially if you can pick them up after season. Like mentioned above- never go into the woods without practicing with the broadheads themselves.

Comment

i use thunderheads and have been successful using them.

Comment

it would be muzzys any thing else is just another wast of money .to me

Comment

I've used the NAP "Thunderheads", Muzzys, Like them both. I'm looking into the G5's and the Rage line now.
                      Good luck and good hunting.

Comment

Magnus stingers are my favorite

Comment

Muzzys are good, I have used them a lot along with the Shuttle T-locks and I actually prefer them over the Muzzys.

Comment

You should try several that you like and then decide which flies best. I recommend trying the Magnus Buzzcuts, NAP Thunderheands, and the G5 Montec and Striker.

Comment

Thunderheads are awesome, they used to be my go to broadhead. I'm saying this because the fact that I forget them now is a testament to how awesome Montecs are.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad