Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you only bowhunt for deer and elk or do you mix it up with small game and fish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whitetails, black bears, turkeys, 'chucks, squirrels. While in my treestand for whitetails, I'll take a shot at a turkey or coyote if the shot presents itself, but squirrels are only for when I'm out of deer tags. I'll take shots at squirrels also right around the house or cabin, since PA has a 150yd safety zone around buildings for firearms, but only a 50yd zone for bows. Spot and stalking groundhogs with the bow is a great way to get some trigger time in the offseason.

Comment

I hunt a little small game and fish also.

Comment

i have bow fished in the past but since i got serious about whitetail hunting i dont have time for anything else

Comment

Agreed with huntcamp and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

I hunt anything I can with my bow. When I go camping my bow comes along so I can shoot at squirrels and birds and rabbits. I shoot all the time. I figure if I can hit a small target then when an elk or deer comes into range my chances go way up.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad