Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you only bowhunt for deer and elk or do you mix it up with small game and fish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you only bowhunt for deer and elk or do you mix it up with small game and fish?

Do you only bowhunt for deer and elk or do you mix it up with small game and fish?

Bowfishing for carp is fun. Want to try pheasant with a longbow or recurve.

Comment

If your just shooting your bow at deer your missing out on a lot of fun. I shot a monster carp just yesterday. Fun Fun Fun. I shoot a lot of ground hogs, squirrels, rabbits...

Comment

When it slow bow hunting and I see a squirrel digging around my stand I take a crack at it. Gotten a few, also missed a few. LOL it is a small target to hit.

Comment

No small game but LOVE to fish. Carp,gar,buffalo(fish),etc.

Comment

I hunt mostly whitetails with a bow. I do hunt with a rifle and shotgun in season, but way fewer days than Bow. I hunt turkeys, but only a few days a year. Don't do any small game currently. Love to fish for trout and bass. Do a little saltwater fishing as well. Fluke, Striper, Tuna and Shark on occassion.

Comment

Maybe i misread the question. I Don't do any bowfishing. Should try it!

Comment

I will not shoot at squirrels while on a whitetail stand. Walked in once at noon and sat down. Figured with all the noise, nothing would come in for awhile. So I took a poke at a squirrel. I just missed the head at 20 yards. Arrow stuck in a tree. I went to get it and as i was screwing the tip off i heard a crack and looked over my shoulder to see a big 12 pt looking at me. My bow was 20 yards away and it almost stepped on it as it walked away. Just had to grin and bear it.

Comment

Deer and fish for me.

Comment

I love going after carp, birds are also exciting; pheasants,crows,quail, and sometimes even coons.

Comment

I LOVE to bow fish for carp, just started doin it 2 years ago and now i'm hooked. i also noticed my accuracy improved alot from shooting all year round and shotting at smaller targets.

Comment

I hunt exclusively for whitetails right now (mainly because I'm too broke to head out west for big game). But when I'm in the woods I'll shoot anything that is in open season. I'm in Ohio, so coyotes are fair game and I'll all about dropping one of those when I get a chance. They're also a great trophy.

Comment

If you have never tried pheasent hunting with a bow and aroow I suggest you do! You may not hit any but it will be a afternoon of excitement and laughing!

Comment

I hunt for small game as much as for deer. I've been a small game hunter for my whole life both with a bow and rifle. The shot that stands out in my mind as the best I've ever made is on a Woodcock! Certainly not flying but tucked away in the alders. I had flushed him and I saw where he landed took careful aim and made the shot about 30 yards away. Strange how things stand out as important to me.

Comment

good comments +1 for all. If it has the word hunt in it I'm game.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump
                                by crm3006
                                From # 1 Bubba- HEY!!! MOTORMOUTH!!!!
                                Too chicken s#¡t to take my bet?

Yep, he is, # 1 Bubba. Just a Canajan phony with a hot keyboard...
                                Today, 04:20 PM
                              • Trump
                                by Danbo
                                https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/coro...-outbreak.html
                                04-17-2020, 06:15 AM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by FirstBubba
                                Ya know bhr!
                                I think conservatives have figured out that "racist" and "sexist" are trigger words and liberals use them to shut...
                                Today, 03:57 PM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                Yesterday, 09:20 PM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by FirstBubba
                                "... I need a life? Just shooting geese and pheasants doesn't constitute a life? Oops, you forgot about big bucks every year, African animals, fly...
                                Today, 03:40 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X