Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What all do you carry in your bow bag or backpack or on your person when bowhunting for whitetails? I usually have an assortmen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What all do you carry in your bow bag or backpack or on your person when bowhunting for whitetails? I usually have an assortmen

What all do you carry in your bow bag or backpack or on your person when bowhunting for whitetails? I usually have an assortment of calls and scents, a turkey call when the fall season is in, two face masks (a spare after dropping mine out of the tree last year), a pair or two of gloves, scent killer, a rope, food and water, a knife or two, arm guard and release, camera, range finder, compact binocs, a balclava (spelling?) when it gets colder, a small saw, a seat cushion, rubber gloves, the ever-important toilet tissue, and my 5 1/2" Super Blackhawk. No wonder my back gives me trouble. I should also quit tormenting my wife about her overstuffed pocketbook, huh? Good hunting to ya.

pretty much the same for me except the hand gun it is against the law to carry a hand gun during archery season in new york . and drop the release and range finder as well i don't use those either

Comment

I carry much of the same except in addition I do carry an extra 50 rounds of 230 grain 45ACP 25 each Hydro shocks and 25 each Black Talons and assortment of AAA, AA, C and D batteries.

In Arkansas if you have a CCW permit you can carry a handgum, you cannot use it for hunting and would not use it for plinking either. A clean barrel is a hassle free hunt!

Comment

Have you been looking in my day pack again? (lol)
        With the exception of the weapon( mine, .45).
        I carry some extra battery's that might be needed.
        Don't carry the "combat" load that Mr. Cooper does either.(22 rounds is enough for me to get done what I might need to do.)(I hope). (LOL)

Comment

I forgot, I believe spelling is correct.
          As for the wives, ARE YOU KIDDING ! We should take notes on how they got all that stuff in there ! (lol).

Comment

My pack is very small and I carry it on my hunting belt. I carry waterproof matches in an old brass holder, a space blanket, 5 cloth strips saturated with Vaseline, a leatherman tool, a compass,A lightwt. braided string, flagging tape, bent needle and heavy thread, duct tape that has been rewound to reduce size, a small LED flashlight, an extra string that has been shot in and is all ready to go ,a small med. grit diamond hone and an allen wrench to loosen limbs. This pack is 4"x3"x2" and very light weight. Also on my belt I carry an old fixed blade knife.and a leather wrapped rig for drinking water. I choose my clothes carefully and remove them and tuck them under my belt when its warm.

Comment

I have a couple compact flashlights, compass, knife, folding saw, firestarters, scent bombs/scent, 25'rope, surveyors tape, rangefinder, a couple field tips and a blunt tip, surgical gloves. tree belt, grunt tube, bleet can, rattlin bag, small ball of tin foil. Probably a few more things i'm forgetting at the moment.

Comment

I also forgot, I have a small maglite and a small headlamp, and my leatherman tool. CCW allows for handgun carry in WV while bowhunting, and as we have the odd bear or coyote, I find the Ruger to be of comfort before daylight or after dark.

Comment

I don't carry much, just some good quality binos, a knife, a headlamp, and maybe some water/snacks. BUT, I also don't hunt far from home. All that other stuff I leave in my hiking/hunting pack. Try to minimize gear/scent as much as possible. No vaseline or wierd smelling stuff like that goes anywhere near my bow pack.

Comment

Sounds like you are ready for anything. I carry scent, rattling bag, face mask, knife, call, gloves, bow, arrows, water, snack. (light is on my hat).

Comment

Calls, knife and some snacks if I plan to sit most or all of the day.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad