Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My brother has a bow that draws 40 pounds at 27 inches. How heavy should the arrows spine be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My brother has a bow that draws 40 pounds at 27 inches. How heavy should the arrows spine be?

My brother has a bow that draws 40 pounds at 27 inches. How heavy should the arrows spine be?

Mating an arrow with a bow is part science and part witchcraft.

To many variables to even mention. I suggest he purchase a test kit for the arrow of his choice and try them out with the desired head weight.

Comment

I would take your brother to a local hunting store in your area. They have an arrow scale chart for each bow. They will give the arrow weight and size information free of charge.

This link below is for a bow set up.
      Good Luck!

www.bowhuntingbasics.com/bow_setup.htm

Comment

My wife is shooting 43-44 lbs with a 27 inch draw. Our bow guy set her up with Carbon Express's with a 250 spine.

Comment

What Buckhunter said, but something in the .500 area is what is *recommended*

Comment

Comment

thats almost exactly what i shoot i think i shoot 400 450

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad