Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what broadheads do you use for whitetail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what broadheads do you use for whitetail?

what broadheads do you use for whitetail?

My preference is the MonTec G5. Due to archery experiences earlier in life, I prefer a "fixed" blade broadhead.

Comment

I just use plain old Wasp.

Comment

slick trick.

Comment

Muzzy 3 blade / 125gr
          I like the Montecs too but the practice heads tore my Block to pieces. I have come to appreciate the ability to exchange blades so I will stick with Muzzy from here on.

Comment

Give RamCat heads a try. They are the best new head I've seen in quite some time. Fly truer than any fixed blade I've ever used. Large cutting diameter (for a fixed). Excellent penetration. Revolutionary "back cut" design in case of incomplete pass through.

Hands down, they are the best head on the market today.
            www.smokebroadheads.com

Comment

Shoot what you can afford! I've killed deer with fixed broadheads from Walmart for $12.00 and I have grown to love and budget for Rage expandable 2 blade broadheads. If you are hunting close range (20 yards max), you will find that the less expensive broadheads will do all you need them to do and any flaws won't be exposed at that distance. If your hunting skill or hunting habitat will allow for longer distance shooting, better, likely meaning more expensive broadheads are your best choice for accuracy and cutting dependability. I really liked the G5 Montec and currently shoot Rage 2 blade expandable broadheads. I've never had a failure and they shoot like they advertise-like a field point!

Comment

I use 100 grain muzzy broad heads.

Comment

Muzzy,Rage,blood runner,Montec, all of the above are great I agree with everybody on this page it comes down to your preference

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad