Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am in the market for a new cross bow (cross bows are legal here). I gave my old one (Real nice Parker) to my brother in law.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chuckles
    replied
    I have a Ten Point Titan HLX. Definitely not the fastest crossbow out there but it seems to kill them just fine. It turns in nice groups out to 30 and then they open up a bit to 4" at 40. Good trigger.
    I have the crank cause of my arm but I did replace the illuminated scope with the Nikon 3X scope they make for crossbows. I did put the Limbsaver kit on and it made it less noisy but I still cringe when I think about how loud it is compared to the bow I used to shoot.
    Good luck in your quest. The nice ones seem to be crazy expensive. I paid about a grand for mine with case, the Accudraw deal, bolts and Muzzy broadheads about 3 1/2 yrs ago. Not cheap, but 17-1800 bucks for a crossbow? Ouch.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    I have not had any problems with my Barnett. Not had to do any work on it. I should replace the cables this year, but am holding off as I might upgrade to their newer model. Have not had to use Customer Service although I have purchased bolts from their local facility.

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    I have heard horror stories as well about Barnett from a guy that sells them in a Box store. I'd buy a Ten point or Excaliber, but that's a good chunk of change.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    sorry typo, "horror" stories.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    Rocky, pay extra and get the Ten Point crossbow.

They are a lighter bows and customer service department is fantastic. My friend has one and he broke his bow quiver. Ten Point send him another quiver just to be nice. The quiver was not under warranty. I heard horrow stories from a dealer about Barnett customer service.

If I ever get a crossbow it will be a Ten Point.

Leave a comment:

• .30-06Hunter
    replied
    I bought a Horton Summit with a scope for around $300 and it works fine but one day I would like to have an Excalibur.

Leave a comment:

• wannabe1
    replied
    I have the carbon express 350. It is heavy and loud but shoots wonderfully. I have not made any adjustments to the noise level but plan on doing it soon. I am very happy with it. It was in my budget and does everything I need it to. I'd tell you to absolutely stay away from Horton. They are out of business and they have ZERO warranty. Ten Point and Wicked Ridge, same company, seem to have the market right now. I would also tell you to shop around. I saved +$100 on my carbon express by checking out different websites and stores.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    I use the Barnett older model 300. The newer ones have made great improvements. High arrow speed on the better Xbows.

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    I have and use a Barnett Ghost just luv it. Parker would be my 2nd Pick.

Leave a comment:

• I am in the market for a new cross bow (cross bows are legal here). I gave my old one (Real nice Parker) to my brother in law.

I am in the market for a new cross bow (cross bows are legal here). I gave my old one (Real nice Parker) to my brother in law. Don’t Ask. So I am thinking now that the season is over, stores are liquidating this years stocks and i might get a great price. But I need some opinions. Anyone have a carbon express? How about a Parker? Barnett?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad