Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is a dog in my garden which killed my 8 chickens and I need to Hunt it but I have 28 lbs bow and a aluminum arrow http://i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a dog in my garden which killed my 8 chickens and I need to Hunt it but I have 28 lbs bow and a aluminum arrow http://i

There is a dog in my garden which killed my 8 chickens and I need to Hunt it but I have 28 lbs bow and a aluminum arrow http://i43.tinypic.com/2ikfxhu.jpg I cant buy a laser shaped arrow. is these things enough for hunting that wolf- dog mutant And sorry for my using of english

Ok, I would suggest a different approach. I know you need to get rid of the dog, but you want to do it humanely. If you can't use a firearm to dispatch the normal I would suggest poison. Do you have any other animals in the area or can you just target the dog? If your only option is a bow I wouldn't do it with a 25lb pull. You safely need at least 40lbs to cleanly kill the animal.

Comment

Bow my butt!
      Shotgun that sucker!
      In a suburban setting? Get some of that really quiet .22LR ammo!

Comment

Is there an animal control officer you can contact?

Comment

Number one, how did the dog get in your chicken yard? Secondly, you could end up arrested or dead shooting someone's dog. Lastly, you should call animal control.

Comment

SCbuilder

You are a real rocket scientist. Poison, indeed.

Comment

Your better off shooting a cop car with your bow in this day and age. Please don't give hunters a bad rep just call animal control and save us another PETA story. Sorry to be blunt but shooting a dog with a Bow is really bad and possibly illegal. Poison is just asking for many many problems. Besides my opinion its morally wrong to kill mans best friend its just common sense to use animal control to prevent liability and problems.

Comment

In the south, we would just shoot the intruder, dig and shut up. Unfortunately, all are not as fortunate as the gifted states are. Your best bet is to call animal control. If it is a domestic animal and the owner can be found, he/she will have to give restitution for the dead chickens. At about $2.00 apiece, I think the satisfaction of pulling the trigger on the critter would outway that, but you can claim they are "free range and organic" and get 10X the price,,, Call animal control.

Comment

I agree with WA Mthunter
                  YOU ARE NOT THINKING CLEARLY this is a bad idea find the dogs owner and
                  even call the human society but do not wound this dog, it is stupid wont kill
                  it and if it is big and aggressive it will kill or hurt you just do something else. where I live people will retaliate cut tires, trash house, kill your animals if you shoot theres, overall don't do it

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad