Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

well i am not sure if this is the place to ask this but i couldnt find where to ask on the blogs/posts stuff so here it goes, be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well i am not sure if this is the place to ask this but i couldnt find where to ask on the blogs/posts stuff so here it goes, be

well i am not sure if this is the place to ask this but i couldnt find where to ask on the blogs/posts stuff so here it goes, been shooting a bow for about 2 seasons, pull back 70 pounds with a rage broad head. Well this nice buck was about 30 yards broadside. I pulled back and let it go, i heard a very loud knock and saw the deer walk/trot off with the arrow in its side. The shot did look a bit low but also the thing was that the arrow just didnt seem very well "in him." it looked as if actually the arrow was barely in him. I waited for a bit and set off to look for blood, there was not a drop, atleast from what i could see and i mean i looked very vigorously, i searched for a bit that evening and ran out of light so i came back in the morning round 10 and looked even more, combing the \*\*\*\* out of the area, no kidding and didnt find a dam thing. i did this till about 4, so literally one full day of searching non stop. As you could tell i wanted to find this deer. At this point we are hopefully waiting on buzzards or some type of sign. Any ideas of what couldve happened? maybe hitting the shoulder blade missing vitals? he was a very mature buck and didnt look like one to go down on some petty \*\*\*\*

Sounds like the arrow might have hit something along the way and lost velocity. You may never find the deer.

Comment

at [email protected] ya think he could've recovered?

Comment

also, to everyone, i know for a fact the arrow did not hit anything during flight

Comment

also, to everyone, i know for a fact the arrow did not hit anything during flight

Comment

It's very possible that you hit the leg bone. =(

scroll about half way down page to picture of deer anatomy/skeletal structure. this should give you an idea of the where and what.

www.discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257944

Comment

Sorry link didn't work...lets try this again

discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257944

might have to copy and paste this into browser.

Comment

@ bruisedsausage- is there a possibility of a recovery??? and okay ill check it out, thanks

Comment

Focus all of your efforts at the nearest water source(s) This buck will probably be holed up very close by! Start your search from the place where the encounter happened and work your way towards the water source you think this deer would have went to. Good luck.

Comment

@ bruisedsausage- alright thanks man, ill def be looking around that water

Comment

Have you fired your bow again? To make sure everything is right with your set up. Also how far was the shot? With 70# draw, if it was within 30yrds even on a bone you should've done more damage than what your explaining. It wouldn't be a problem with the broadhead. I've had their 3 blades fall open on me while shooting and it does effect the flight and puncture but not that severely.
                      Sorry about your deer man. But they are tough animals and hopefully he survives to give you another shot.

Comment

Sounds like a shoulder shot. I shot a nice buck several years ago high in the shoulder. The arrow did just about exactly what you explained. I shot him in late October. The first Saturday in January he ran a doe by my stand. He didn't even show the slightest sign of a limp. This time I put him down for good with a rifle. As I was caping him out for a mount I found my broadhead lodged in him. They can be very tough. I would be hoping for a recovery instead of hoping to see buzzards.

Comment

My broadhead if choice is the Sierra 130 grain BTSP .277" at about 2900 fps.
                          I hear too many stories of people losing "hard hit" deer.

Comment

Thanks guys, my dad actually said these past days he's been seeing a really slow moving buck around that area with the same rack description of the one I shot so idk praying to the good Lord that it's him and he survived but I'll also be checking them water sources around the area just to be sure

Comment

Thanks guys, my dad actually said these past days he's been seeing a really slow moving buck around that area with the same rack description of the one I shot so idk praying to the good Lord that it's him and he survived but I'll also be checking them water sources around the area just to be sure

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                Speaking of the QAnon fool ...

And what magazine articles was I supposed to have plagiarized? Oh right ... the one about chasing elk on
                                Today, 04:40 PM
                              • Trump
                                by Danbo
                                https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/coro...-outbreak.html
                                04-17-2020, 06:15 AM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                I haven't "packed in" anywhere to go hunting since maybe 1987. But I still shoot a deer every year. Though not over a feeder.

Today, 04:28 PM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                Yesterday, 09:20 PM
                              • Reply to Trump
                                by crm3006
                                From # 1 Bubba- HEY!!! MOTORMOUTH!!!!
                                Too chicken s#¡t to take my bet?

Yep, he is, # 1 Bubba. Just a Canajan phony with a hot keyboard...
                                Today, 04:20 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X