Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey guys and gals. Here is my situation... I haven't bought a new bow in over six years (a youth bow was my entry into archery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys and gals. Here is my situation... I haven't bought a new bow in over six years (a youth bow was my entry into archery.

Hey guys and gals. Here is my situation... I haven't bought a new bow in over six years (a youth bow was my entry into archery. So I think it is time for a new bow, I have recently hurt my shoulder playing volleyball in college and need to restrengthen it. So I was looking at the Mission Riot or Craze due to its wide range of draw weights as I rebuild my shoulder. I just wanted to know peoples opinions on the two bows and any information that I haven't found out already. Thanks

Both wont have the true draw weight adjustment. for instance the riot wont be 15-70 pounds at all draw lengths. It will be more like 15-20 at 19in, 18-25 at 20in, and soon and so forth (not real numbers just estimates). so at your draw length you still might not be able to draw the bow because the min draw weight may still be too high. on the quality of the bows both are very good. They are not the fastest, quietest, or smoothest drawing but in all categories they are ok. my opinion is to go to your local pro shop and try both and see if you can even draw a bow still. They should be able to find your draw length and how much you can pull.

Comment

Another option for you if you haven't looked into it yet is the BlackHawk EZ Pull by Parker. Lightweight and special cams make it feel like you are pulling back 10 pounds less than what you actually are. When I was shopping around last year I shot a few of them and they are very smooth bows

Comment

Look at diamond by bowtech. I have a Diamond Razer edge an it is extremely adjustable.

Comment

I did about the same thing I tore a muscle in my shoulder from practicing to
          much so I got a riot loved it shot it at 50 until I got my strength back. I still use it for muley hunting one of my favorite bows I have.
          It is also good in tight situations. Small but powerful

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad