Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have an old PSE Spirit my dad gave me (he bought it new in '89 I think). Between he and I, we have kept it tuned up and it wor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an old PSE Spirit my dad gave me (he bought it new in '89 I think). Between he and I, we have kept it tuned up and it wor

I have an old PSE Spirit my dad gave me (he bought it new in '89 I think). Between he and I, we have kept it tuned up and it works great but I think its time to invest in something new. I was looking at the PSE Brute X but have heard good things about PSE's Stinger 3G. Does anybody have any thoughts/comments/comparisons with these 2? Or any other RTS bow packages that would be just as affordable? I'm starting to lean toward the Stinger because of price. Thanks!

Because you're using such an old bow, I would go with the cheaper option. The stinger 3G is a great all around bow. The Brute X is a little faster, a little quieter, and a little smoother on the draw, but like I said, after a Spirit, I don't think you'll notice any of that. As far as other options go, the Bear Encounter is another great bow in the same price range as the Stinger.

Comment

I have a PSE stinger 3G and it is awesome. I got the RTS package at bass pro and the accessories seem very good, everything works and the sights are excellent.

Comment

Don't be afraid to spend a little extra money. I bought a stinger and it will be going into its third year. It's a good bow but I will probably upgrade after this season. The more you get into bow hunting the less that extra $100 will seem.

Comment

I purchased the Stinger just a couple of months ago. It shoots well, it is quiet, and has a lot less vibration than other brand name bows in the price range. I would recommend it!

Comment

I currently own the PSE Brute X and it is a very smooth shooting bow. I bought it new last year as RTS package but this year I put a new sight and peep sight to meet my needs. If you just wanta basic bow, the RTS package is the way to go!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to When will the COVID-19 pandemic end?
              by rock rat
              The pandemic will end when active cases drop to a low enough point that there is no longer community spread. Virus won't be gone, but the pandemic will...
              Today, 07:23 AM
            • When will the COVID-19 pandemic end?
              by FirstBubba
              November 4, 2020
              08-13-2020, 11:25 PM
            • Reply to Crickets !!
              by bowhunter75richard
              Rock, I agree with some of your points, however I read nothing in your words that gave a sound approach to ‘getting’ our diverse population on the...
              Today, 07:01 AM
            • Crickets !!
              by bowhunter75richard
              Some time ago, I asked our liberal/progressive ‘friends’ on the site to give just one item on the D’s agenda that would benefit the American people...
              08-13-2020, 05:27 PM
            • Reply to Crickets !!
              by Pmacc60
              To compare the society’s of China , Singapore and Taiwan to the US is pointless! Completely different cultures, it is darn near impossible to have a...
              Today, 06:14 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X