Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the proper application/use of the doe in heat dripper or products like the Code Blue grave digger? I understand you want

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the proper application/use of the doe in heat dripper or products like the Code Blue grave digger? I understand you want

what is the proper application/use of the doe in heat dripper or products like the Code Blue grave digger? I understand you want to use them for the rut but that is about all. I have never used them before but I was thinking about it this coming hunting season.

I am not an expert in scent usage, I use them all during the season. There are late does after the general rut, so I would not worry about overusing it. I use the code blue electric and use a variety of scents in it-including doe in heat. I also use some scrape scent and earth scent for myself. My ATV is left 200yds from my stand so i use a drag from there to my stand.

Comment

If I use a drag I make a semicircle around my stand assuming the deer will come in right on it or down wind. The older smarter bucks sometimes come in 100yards down wind unless a terrain feature is in the way. I have had some bucks come in right on the trail during the chase phase and seen others at a distance down wind. I am no expert though and scents certainly don't work often but when they do its exciting. I use tinks 69 and code blue.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad