Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i was messing around with my bow and braodheads today and one of my broadheads fell on my bowstring. now one strand is cut tword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i was messing around with my bow and braodheads today and one of my broadheads fell on my bowstring. now one strand is cut tword

i was messing around with my bow and braodheads today and one of my broadheads fell on my bowstring. now one strand is cut tword the bottom of the bow and it has some fraying in that area too. is my bow safe to shoot or will i have to replace the string?

I think this question was asked before and the concenses was to replace the string. I could be wrong, but that's what I recall.

Comment

It is time for a new string. The potential for disaster is huge with a frayed or cut string. I have personally experienced the mayhem of a dry fire and pieces flew everywhere. You do not want that to happen up in a tree. It sure sucked in the living room.

Comment

I hate when that happens - you are in for a new string.

Comment

Get a new string before you shoot the thing again.

Comment

If you had a grizzly or bighorn hunt tomorrow I would say run with it but you have time to get a new string. It may last another year or bust on the next shot. But it is not worth getting a chunk of limb or cam embedded in your face to save a few bucks.

Comment

Don't risk it, get a new string.

Comment

Me personally, I would put a new string on. You can never be too safe.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad