Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

usally i shoot 100 grain muzzys but i would like to try either the rage 2 blade or the ulmer edge. witch would you guys recomend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usally i shoot 100 grain muzzys but i would like to try either the rage 2 blade or the ulmer edge. witch would you guys recomend

usally i shoot 100 grain muzzys but i would like to try either the rage 2 blade or the ulmer edge. witch would you guys recomend?

I have shot Rage 3-blades for the past several years and I have loved them. The accurracy truely is comparative to field points. I only practice with the practice tips that they provide and I see no change from range to field.

In my experience these are as advertised, strong, durable, accurate, and great penetration. The hits are devastating and usually result in a quick kill and easy tracking jobs.

However, one of our team members, Adam, is thinking of switching back to fixed-blades after he hit a buck in the shoulder last year with very little penetration. So its a matter of experience and personal preference.

Comment

Of the three heads mentioned I would shoot the Muzzy 100 grain. Take this advice for what it's worth but I've shot a lot of critters over the years.

Comment

the rage will works great when it stays closed and you do not hit a shoulder blade

Comment

but the rage broadhead has messed up too many times for me. this year i think i am going to use nap killzone
          www.newarchery.com/products/mechanical/killzone-1/

ps.
          i used rage 3 blade

Comment

ditto buckhunter.

Comment

The ulcer edge!!! i have shoot 2 different deer species, a butt load of texas hogs and a javlina with them and have never had a problem. Some will argue about penetration but I have only not gotten 2 pass throughs and both where slight quartering away shots that hit the shoulder blade on the opposite side. I even had a pass through on a nearly 300 pound boar.But if your muzzy's fly, don't fix what aint broken (i know some faster bows can have problems getting muzzy's to group).

Comment

I used Rages for a little while. The problem I had was that they popped open as I walked through the timber and I had to keep checking them. They snagged on brush easily. There was no accuracy advantage for me but I only shoot to a maximum of about 30 yards or so. My Muzzy fixed blades have always been great and I count on them.

Comment

Muzzy. 100% reliable and deadly. Archery has enough things that can go wrong. Why add your broadheads to the list?

Comment

i had the same problem as DakotaMan

Comment

Rage Broadheads!!!

Comment

Rage 2 blades....they now have shock collars to improve their performance and give you a greater kill zone with at least a 2 in. cutting diameter.
                        -Jack

Comment

Rage 2 blades....they now have shock collars to improve their performance and give you a greater kill zone with at least a 2 in. cutting diameter.
                          -Jack

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad