Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A two part question on your archery set-ups, details will be the in first post, if you care to share I would be grateful.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buckeye
    replied
    I use a 4 pin truglo carbon xs. I like it a lot. A use a black hole layered target. Same as the block but much less expensive and it last a long time. I have an old one that I use for broad heads because they kind of tear it up. I only shoot field or target points at my new one. When the weather is nice I shoot about five days a week and the black hole has been able to stand up to it.

Leave a comment:

• chuckles
    replied
    I use the Block targets and usually expect two seasons out of one. They work with broadheads and field points. My Montec practice points were tearing them to pieces so I switched to Muzzy 3 blade. Much easier even with the crossbow bolts I use now.

Leave a comment:

• chuckles
    replied
    When I was able to shoot a bow I used the Flashpoint 5 pin by Black Gold. The pins stayed visible till past shooting light. I found it to be rugged as well.

Leave a comment:

• seth trudeau
    replied
    True Glo 4 pin sight.

Yellow Jacket bag target... Check out the Bone Collecter target is a squar I forget the brand.

Leave a comment:

• cb bob
    replied
    1, I use a Trophy Ridge 3 pin sight.
    2, I use a Cabela's outfitter bag target. Can't use broadheads, but field points come out easy. I had a block, and it is a better target, but I would have to use two hands to pull my arrows out.

Leave a comment:

• DEER30
    replied
    1. I shoot Photochromatic sights by Black Gold. They work very well, bright but not too bright, and excellent in low light conditions. I use a pin for each 10 yards starting from 20-50.

2. I have used Block targets faithfully until 2 years ago when I purchased a Block Classic as a replacement for my worn out one. I sent it back after my 5th shot taken sailed right through it. It was replaced for free. The new one did the same thing after 12 shots. My friend's Block Fusion has been stopping arrows for years, but I can not find them any more. For the money they ask, I am done with Block. I will be interested to see what others suggest as well.

Leave a comment:

• AAM
    replied
    1: I use a Truglo 5 pin sight, I love that sight.

2: I use a block.

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    I'm looking to purchase two things,

1: a new sight, and am wondering what everyone else shoots or has shot, and what are your preferences? A single adjustable pin, 3,4, or 5 pins? What brands are you happy with, etc?

2: a new bow target, I am looking for a block style target, preferably 4 sided, waterproof, and durable. I would love to be able to shoot both broadheads and field points. What brands or styles do you boys shoot, etc.? Again, thanks guys for your input, I'm just trying to avoid trial and error purchases.

Leave a comment:

• A two part question on your archery set-ups, details will be the in first post, if you care to share I would be grateful.

A two part question on your archery set-ups, details will be the in first post, if you care to share I would be grateful.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad