Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have been looking at buying a new bow. By looking at the package deals on the internet, they seem like the way to go. Form y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been looking at buying a new bow. By looking at the package deals on the internet, they seem like the way to go. Form y

I have been looking at buying a new bow. By looking at the package deals on the internet, they seem like the way to go. Form your experience, do the package bows tend to come with cheap parts, or should they be fine? My budget is around $400. Thanks!

Package deals work out alright. If you don't like one of the pieces in the package you can usually sell it on eBay and get the part you really want. The bow I have now was a package deal when I purchased it 6 years ago, but I think I have replaced every piece that came with it over time (Front sight, stabilizer, peep, quiver, and arrow rest)

Comment

Don't buy a package deal. If you buy smart you can spend the same amount of money if you buy the bow and parts separate and you will get much better quality.

Comment

If you can work on a bow yourself, online packages can be a good deal. For most of us, however, the service you get in a bow shop setting up and tuning your bow is worth a lot more than the money you save buying online. I would feel like a real jerk taking a setup I bought online into my local bow show and asking them to help me with it.

Comment

Not only does Greenheads advice say alot about his character but I couldn't agree with him more. Buying local will only help you in the long run, as far as a package goes, if you can't afford to outfit a new bow now, then buy a package and replace it little by little as Bioguy suggested. That will get you shooting tomorrow. If you decide you can, than start out with a stripped bow and outfit it yourself.

Comment

I will not be purchasing the bow online, I would go to a bow shop for that. I assume that most bow shops would have package deals also. Am I right? If you guys know of any good package deals, what are they as far as brands and model names?

Comment

i ordered my bow through gander mountain as a package deal, havent changed a single thing on it. bow shoots where it needs to and thats all i care about. so my opinion is the package deals arent to bad on bows.

Comment

Scratchgolf, what package deal was it if you are willing to share?

Comment

I am sure there is nothing wrong with the package deal. I bought a Bear Encounter last year and love it. The package should be in your price range. I personaly did not go for the package. I like my bow setup different than the offered package. I spent more money, but it is set up the way I like.

Comment

I too am a fan of the 'buy it and tweak it' method. Some people may like the out-of-the-box setup of a package, while others prefer to build their own setup. It really depends on the archer themselves. Going to your local shop for advice is the way to go regardless.

Comment

My recommendation is the Mission Riot It is around 400$ MSRP and is adjustable 15-70lbs and 300 FPS is a very good deal for a hunter on a budget.
                      PS:I have one myself and is very accurate!

Comment

package came with my diamond stud bow ordered through gander mnt.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to The Horse Race
                          by Pmacc60
                          You are for sure not a small business man , the Obama administration hurt small business and sent a tremendous amount of jobs overseas. Big business makes...
                          Today, 09:19 PM
                        • The Horse Race
                          by rock rat
                          There are lots of things making this a hard race to predict. Pollsters do their thing and mostly they show Biden up over where Clinton was at this time...
                          Today, 09:43 AM
                          by 99explorer
                          The recession officially ended in June 2009, after economic stimulus checks went out to 55 million recipients in the prior month.
                          The economy continued
                          Today, 09:03 PM
                          by Pmacc60
                          Like you all know I live near Delaware and I work there everyday ! Maybe it’s because we all know Joe Biden it I don’t see the support. Remember he...
                          Today, 08:48 PM
                          by 99explorer
                          "Fake news" is a cop out.
                          I used it once myself to avoid doing research.
                          Today, 08:42 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X