Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have ever had a PSE brute x what did you think of it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have ever had a PSE brute x what did you think of it?

If you have ever had a PSE brute x what did you think of it?

My buddy shot every bow in the 2012 PSE line and settled on the Brute X. He can afford to purchase any bow, but settled on the Brute because it is comfortable and accurate. With a 7 1/4 inch brace height it's easy to get in and out of tight shooting quarters.
    It's not a speed demon at IBO 320 fps, but it is comfortable and accurate, not to mention it's priced right!

Comment

I got a new PSE Brute two years ago from my local Cabela's. Price was a secondary factor (still, $500+ ain't cheap), accuracy and ease of shooting was first. We have an archery pro there who shoots competitively, and shoots the brand Cabelas was pushing at that time, but he still recommended the PSE over that brand for its ease of use and reliability.

I shot the pro's top three bow recommendations over a two-week period. My second choice was a $800 Diamondback that was extremely quiet. But I chose the PSE Brute because it was very easy to shoot and very forgiving, even when I purposely rushed the shot to see how fast I could get on target and release, and because it put the 125-gr field points exactly where it put my chosen broadheads (Slick Tricks).

After I made my choice, the Cabela pro told me the only bow he knows that shoots as easy and consistent as that year's Brute is his son's $1,200 Hoyt. This from a guy who logs 600 shots a week in practice.

Comment

doesn't matter you need to shot and decide what you think

Comment

My brother and I both shoot PSE bows and love them! i have a Bow madness and he just recently bought a 2013 Brute X in skull works camo. He bought the bare bow for $400 on eBay brand new. at that price it is hard to go wrong. it may not have the blistering speed that some new bows have but 320 FPS is far from slow. 5 years ago it would probably be the fastest bow on the market. It is a little heavier than my bow madness but not by much. as far as accuracy goes he can shoot a group of 5 arrows inside the area of a paper plate at 60 yards.. not bad for being 15 years old. Not that he plans on shooting deer from that far away.
          All in all i think for the money it is a Fantastic bow!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad