Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should my practice/fieldpoints match the same weight as my broadheads? What grain weight should i get, and what type of arrows s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should my practice/fieldpoints match the same weight as my broadheads? What grain weight should i get, and what type of arrows s

Should my practice/fieldpoints match the same weight as my broadheads? What grain weight should i get, and what type of arrows should i get?

Yes practice with what you will use.

Comment

Yes and no. Field points of the same weight are best for general practice and fun. But you'll want to do your final sighting in with what ever tip you'll actually be hunting with. Even if they're the same weight, field points and broadheads will fly differently. Also, different brands of broadheads will fly different too.

Comment

a lot of the time you can purchase practice tips that correspond with the appropriate broad head, namely rage and muzzy are good at making these available with the 2-blade and the montec

Comment

What ever you do make sure that you shoot your broad heads a lot. Shoot carbon arrows.

Comment

absolutely they should be the same. anymore these days im willing to bet most guys are shooting 100 grain broadheads. thats what i shoot, and i have zero complaints. i shoot redhead blackouts, they are a 3 blade broadhead. they are pretty cheap, like 20 bucks for 3, but i have had zero issues with these. killed deer and turkey with them, most all shots have been pass throughs.

as for arrows, i shoot carbon express, and i know a lot of guys shoot those to. easton makes good arrows as well.

Comment

Use logic! Not trying to be a Richard Noggin but that is a question you shouldn't have to ask. 25 grains of difference doesn't sound that much but try changing and you'll quickly learn it is massive. I found out the hard way not paying attention to the field points I grabbed, and I missed three deer and lost 3 arrows before I realized i had 125 grain BH's and 100grain FP's. It was a D.A.M. that I still feel stupid about but it happened.

Comment

i am new to archery but to me i made sure my fp and broadheads are both 100 grain... i am loving easton arrows though

Comment

I shoot easton arrows and love them. I also practice and broadheads that are the same weight.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad