Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to know which broadhead is the best,so I have narrowed down my experimenting choices to three different ones. i am consid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to know which broadhead is the best,so I have narrowed down my experimenting choices to three different ones. i am consid

I want to know which broadhead is the best,so I have narrowed down my experimenting choices to three different ones. i am considering testing the G5 Montec and Striker and the Magnus Stinger BuzzCut all in 100 grains. If you can think of any more that I should test along with these three, please list them. Thank you.

100 grain 3 blade Muzzy!

Comment

G5 Montec is where it's at. Cut on contact, accurate, and one solid piece of steel that cannot fail.

Comment

I use N.A.P. Nitrons, 3 blade fixed. 100 gr. Have had decent results with muzzys too, but i prefer the n.a.p.'s

Comment

Rage 2 blade makes them stone dead fast. There is usually a bloodtrail Ray Charles could see.

Comment

Keyword - usually. With fixed blades, the word is always. That is, if you do your part.

Comment

I like the NAP products but the Montec G5's are good and the Muzzys are good.

If you test all 3 let me know how the stingers do. I may purchase a dozen or so and test next year.

I tested the Rage last year. Shot 5 deer and a turkey with them. They work good on good shots but are very unforgiving on angled shots. I wouldn't hunt with them if they were a $1 a dozen.

Comment

I've had good luck w/ Muzzy's. I believe w/ today's technology, there are tons of good fixed blades out there though. If I had the need/money, I'd try the Montecs though, they'll probably be what I buy next.

Comment

Montecs kind of eliminate the money issue. They are expensive, but are so durable that you could kill multiple deer with just one. They are very easy to resharpen, and I manage to get them sharper than they were from the factory, even though even after killing a buck and hitting the dirt, it wasn't that terribly dull.

Comment

Del's right, RAGE leave's a blood trail that Ray Charles could help Stevie Wonder follow at night. Give em a try !

Comment

Cut on contact is fine, but Muzzy's are going to break bone. Don't let the small blades fool you. Because these DON'T cut on contact, they push the skin in first. That means they cut further out than you would think.

Comment

I wouldn't take a sharply angled shot with any broadhead. Shoot them thru the ribcage with a Rage 2 blade and you will have a very dead deer at the end of a short but wide bloodtrail.

Comment

I prefer the old Bear razors, but in 145 grains.

Comment

Rage 2 blade or Muzzy 3 blade.

Comment

MUZZY MX-3's

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad