Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Dad stopped at the pawn shop the other day and saw that they had a compound bow for $80. I plan to stop by and look into it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ncarl
    replied
    Theres a strong possibility that the string will need replaced. If it does it will cost more than the bow.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    JustTakeMeHunting14 has some good suggestions. I would add to look at the age of the bow. Technology has advanced a lot in recent years and you do not want something from too long ago. Check the make and model with what is on e-bay and see how good of a deal it is.

Leave a comment:

• Chewylouie
    replied
    As a matter of fact I am a pretty big guy for my age. I am 14, 6 feet tall and 185 pounds. Certainly not lanky, but my arms are pretty long. That is why I want to look at it, to see if it fits me good.

Leave a comment:

• JustTakeMeHunting14
    replied
    almost anything can be fixed or replaced on a compound bow if you are willing to pay. The things to look for are first the cams:make sure the cams are solid and the string is still on the track. then comes the limbs:look carefully for cracks or any signs of stress. The string should not be frayed or nearly broken. The other thing to make sure of is if you are a bigger guy like me the bow may not accommodate a 31 inch draw. other than that just check the hardware and make sure everything is solid on it. Best of luck!

Leave a comment:

• My Dad stopped at the pawn shop the other day and saw that they had a compound bow for $80. I plan to stop by and look into it.

My Dad stopped at the pawn shop the other day and saw that they had a compound bow for $80. I plan to stop by and look into it. He said it looked like it was in pretty good condition. What problems and things should I look for to see if it is worth the money? I don't have the money to buy a new one, so if this works good and I like it I will probably get it, even if I have to do some work on it. What type of things can be replaced or fixed that might be a problem (things like strings and stuff)? About how much will these things cost?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad