Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

While using a razor blade to remove the old fletching from my (carbon) arrow, I shaved into the carbon a little bit and took a s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While using a razor blade to remove the old fletching from my (carbon) arrow, I shaved into the carbon a little bit and took a s

While using a razor blade to remove the old fletching from my (carbon) arrow, I shaved into the carbon a little bit and took a small little strip of carbon off. Will this arrow potentially blow up if I glue new fletchings on and shoot it? Or will I be alright?

Minor scratches and scrapes are normal when scraping the glue off an arrow. Anything into the carbon fiber and I would discard the arrow.

Comment

DON'T use it! the carbon is compromised and could brake when you shoot hurting you.

Comment

When in doubt, err on the side of caution when it comes to archery equipment.

Comment

It is hard to tell you what to do without first hand inspection of the arrow. But as others have said it is better to error on the side of caution. I use a fairly dull knife to remove fletching and feathers, it doesn't cut into the arrow if used properly. You now have an expensive vegetable stake.

Comment

Throw it away. If you have never seen a carbon arrow explode and the resulting splintters look it up on youtube and you'll throw away $12 arrows all day long

Comment

Dcast, where do you find $12 carbon arrows?

Comment

Deerhunterrick, All over, that is a midpriced arrow from what I've seen. I shoot Victory and they run around $9 a piece.

Comment

Don't risk it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How much is too much?
                    by DakotaMan
                    WOW! Do you mind if I frame that for my shop Red? That is the absolutely best answer I've ever heard on this mystery question. You've got to get the bullet...
                    Today, 01:23 PM
                  • How much is too much?
                    by FirstBubba
                    There is no doubt that a .30-06 Spgfld is more than adequate to actually slay a whitetail.

A lot of newbies come here and ask, "What...
                    Yesterday, 09:40 AM
                  • Reply to 30 06 bullets
                    by Pmacc60
                    Great and most important point made here CRM3006!. My rifle loved the 165 gr Nos partitions . It wouldn’t shoot 150’s at all so that’s what I use....
                    Today, 01:17 PM
                  • 30 06 bullets
                    by Cobey alvarez
                    What 30-06 bullet is better for deer rem core lokt or Hornady American whitetail...
                    07-07-2020, 11:41 PM
                  • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
                    by DakotaMan
                    Interesting and it seems like a pretty good idea. Is there any risk of hitting the trigger while feeling for the switch when you are in a panic? That...
                    Today, 01:05 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X