Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is better a crossbow or a compound bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is better a crossbow or a compound bow?

Which is better a crossbow or a compound bow?

Well a compund is allowed my many more states than a crossbow. But I would think a crossbow would be more accurate.

Comment

Compounds have a much greater range than xbows.

Comment

Crossbow - easier to learn and shoot accurately with, no need to sneak in your draw right before you shoot.

Compound - lighter, shoots faster, flatter, and with more energy.

Comment

In WI you have to have a special perment to hunt with a cross bow. So if you have no physical disabilities you can't hunt with a cross bow so you have to hunt with a compound. Whats the policy in other states?

Comment

I say a sompound bow is better just because it is usually more accurate and allowed in more states.

Comment

I would get a compound bow.

Comment

compound bow by far is the best. However depends on personal ability to pull 70 pounds back and to be able to hit with it. "MOP"!

Comment

Compound, its far more accurate

Comment

Depends on states laws and regulations, some don't allow crossbows. Also depends if you can pull a compound bow back to draw...

Comment

i would get a compound because itt can be used in more states and from what i hear they are lighter

Comment

I prefer compounds because they offer more of a challenge and thus greater satisfaction for a kill. I hunt for mainly for sport and the meat is just a great bonus, so that's my take. However, if you just want the meat and don't want to hassle with a lot of practice, time in the stand, and want something a little more consistent/easy to shoot, definitely go with the crossbow.

Comment

most states you have to have a disability permit for a crossbow. Even if I had the choice I would still hunt with a compound bow because in my mind crossbows are cheating durring archery season. To me you are taking the draw away and the challenge wich makes archery fun and challenging

Comment

i love the compound it will prove more of a challenge of your own skill level
                            but a cross bows will get the job done
                            i would check your state guide to see which one you would get the most time to us durnig season in making this chose

Comment

I have never shot anything other than a compound, but I have considered an x-bow now that they are legal for everyone in MI.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad