Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm getting ready for the upcoming bowseason, I want to purchase a new bow and have a descent limit on what I can spend. Its goi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lmao geeez finally thanks lovetohunt... OF COURSE I DONT WANT TO INTENTIALLALY BREAK THE SHOULDERS! Its just this year I made a bad shot on a doe from only 30 yards, yea i know a simple shot but I shot the doe got smoked!... Come to find out it just nailed her shoulder plate and came out like 10 yards away. After that I learned my lesson, I don't and will never ever try to harm a deer unless I plan to take it with a nice fast shot that will kill it clean and fast. After that., I was so worryed I screwed that doe up and wasted the harvest of fine backstrap and tenderloin. I don't aim for the shoulders just a bad experience. and if im going to get a nice bow for my money I want one strong enough to yea, if that ever happens again in my bow hunting career which I'm sure I will, I want to be comfortable knowing I might have still taken the deer with a bad shot. I guess I didn't mean BREAK, I meant peirce through or any other term for taking the deer with a bad shot. Its the first time its happened to me and I plan on never letting it happen again hopfully. So yea, I just want a bang for my buck $$$... something that can get the job done. So sorry for my misplaced words, I knew what I was talking about I just worded it wrong, but thanks lovetohunt, you knew what I was explaing. Thansk everyone for your help. I'm on the look out for a new bow as I write this. =]

Comment

Your welcome.

Also another thing that will greatly help is the brand of broadheads. Get good ones like Muzzy or G5 Montecs or other good brands if you don't already have them. A good sharp broadhead will help greatly with a shot on a shoulder blade.

Comment

We understand that you want to break the shoulders and kill the deer all at once, but we're telling you that this can't be done with any normal bow. It would be great if you could, but this is something elk hunters do with .338's. The only shot to take with a bow is the lung (maybe heart too) shot behind the shoulders.

Comment

I am a fan of the Fred Bear Lights Out - an be had at Huntersfriend.com for a pretty reasonable price as far as I am concerned. You can get either bare bow, or you can get a complete package (bow, 6 arrows, release, sight, quiver, case, field tips) for a little over 5 bills if memory serves me correctly.

Comment

Skip going to your local dealer and look online for used bows. I bought a bow late last year for 1/2 what the guy paid for it and he only took it out twice. He just didn't like the way it shot (it's a Katera, don't know what there wasn't to like) so he wanted something else. There are just always guys out there with a lot of money who will drop thousands on a new bow every year and are always selling their older models. Demo a few bows and see what you like then go online. Hope this helps and happy hunting!

Comment

Most importantly, spend the extra money on the bow. If you have some leftover then spend buy a good trail cam. I would rather have no cam than a cheap one though. I bought a cuddeback because I heard too many horror stories of the cheaper ones not working.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to No-Drill Adjustable Cheek Riser
                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                Mine didn't slip around. I seem to recall some grippy stuff on the inside? Actually fit very tight.

My beef with neoprene is it can become
                Today, 07:02 PM
              • No-Drill Adjustable Cheek Riser
                by Buckshott00
                Jury's still out on the Prism Scope vs. the Holograph. I invite you guys to check out my pictures and review and cast a vote.

I've got...
                Yesterday, 04:45 PM
              • Reply to 16 Years
                by PigHunter
                Jim, there's no way that would be allowed on a modern construction site. Those holes were a potential death trap without something shoring up the sides....
                Today, 06:57 PM
              • 16 Years
                by jhjimbo
                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
              • Reply to Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                Yeah. Too bad. Too bad this site doesn't have a moderator to flush BS artists like that noncontributory crm troll. He never gives up making a fool of...
                Today, 06:52 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X