Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had Cabelas install a new peep sight on my bow about a year ago, but recently my bow string has been twisting and the peep sig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had Cabelas install a new peep sight on my bow about a year ago, but recently my bow string has been twisting and the peep sig

I had Cabelas install a new peep sight on my bow about a year ago, but recently my bow string has been twisting and the peep sight is now crooked to the point where I can no longer see through it when I pull back my bow. Anyone know what is going on??

You need one of those rubber tubing tether things that keeps it straight.

Comment

i have peep sight without tubing to keep sight straight at full graw, same string and sight for 5 yrs. i think your string has stetched and or twisted. wax string often if used regularly. maybe get diff string, i use zibra strings, very good string.

Comment

Several things come to mind, some strings will stretch or more than likly twist in the cams but the most probable cause is your release loop moves around during draw or after release, the instant stopping of the bow string. Move your release loop around slightly and shoot it and keep repeating it until its back in alignment. This will also fix your other problems and it happens to me often.

Find’ya a good local bow tech to help if your still having problems

Comment

Rocky and clay sound right to me,string strech. Like rocky said I like zebras, but all you really need to do is get sight realigned. hope this helps.

Comment

What kind of bow? This happens to me occassionally with my Diamond Justice. Like Clay said, re-align your loop with the peep so it pulls it in line when you draw. If this doesn't work, find a good bow-tech. Sometimes mine corrected itself with a few shots, so i think my string was slipping(twisting) in the cams. Am not happy about it but my bow continues to shoot well. You could try to get Cabelas to adjust it for you since it happened after they installed your peep.

Comment

It sounds like your string has stretched.To see if it has you need to look at how long has the string been on the bow? not the peep sight. How often you use your bow? and do you often wax the string? which helps the string from stretching and from fraying and weaking from use bu keeping the string from unravling.

Comment

This will not be a popular suggestion but get rid of your peep sight and learn to shoot without one. When the moment of truth comes and you draw back on the buck of a life time I don't want anything in front of my eye to distort range estimation or the shooting lane.

Peeps are great on the range when you have time to set up on a fixed target but for a true hunting bow I feel the peep hinders your ability to make a good shot. If your mechanics are solid you should not need one.

Comment

I have a Fred Bear Instinct that is about two years old. During the summer I shoot close to 200 arrows a week and during the spring and fall maybe a quarter of that. I started waxing my bowstring last fall when I began to see fraying (I know too late), so the stretching is a real possibility.

If it is stretching any way to fix it without buying a replacement. How much does a replacement string typically run and any suggestions other than the Zebras?

Comment

All strings will stretch to some degree. You have to continue to re-tune your bow as your string wears.

The cost of string replacement will vary according to the type of bow you own and the string you buy. Usually if you've purchased your bow at a local shop if you buy the string replacement will be free or very nominal.

Comment

It definately sounds like your string has stretched. Follow the advice of all these other guys and you will be just fine.

Comment

So I should just rotate my release loop to line up with my peep and continue to pull it back until it realigns??

Comment

One of two things your loop slipped or the string
                          stretched. If your string stretched you should notice
                          the wall on your bow has changed(anchor point). If
                          not your loop has slipped.

Comment

Agreed with rocky d bashaw answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad