Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is everyone's opinion on 3D targets. Are they worth the money? I have the typical block target now but am thinking of spr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is everyone's opinion on 3D targets. Are they worth the money? I have the typical block target now but am thinking of spr

What is everyone's opinion on 3D targets. Are they worth the money? I have the typical block target now but am thinking of springing for a 3D.

I like them. Just got a Glen Del buck with the block insert. I havent shot into it yet but. I know it will be great.

Comment

They are fun to shoot at, and bring variety to your shooting.

Comment

I like them because you can vary the angles you shoot at them and it is more real world.

Comment

I personally do not like the 3D targets. If you know where to aim on a deer, which I'm sure you do, there's really no need for them. Some of the reasons I don't like the 3D targets is that they're not easily transportable like The Block 4x4. You have to take the stakes out of the ground, carry the stakes and the deer to put it away once your finished. This leads to the other option. Leaving your 3D target out outside 24/7 makes it become weathered pretty fast. I'd get a block 4x4 instead.

Comment

well if your talkin anbout deer shaped bow taregets there really fun and i think shootin in the general area you would while hunting makes you take the shoot more comfortablly in the field.

Comment

they are great for setting up real life shot senerios if you dont want to spring the money for one find a local archery club that has a weekend 3d shoot and partisipate in it they are a blast shooting at life sized animal targets in life like surroundings not always giving you the perfect shot angles just like in the woods they really give you an idea of what you and your equiptment are capable of doing which increases your confidence in the woods when that buck of a lifetime walks by quartering away from you

Comment

I definitely agree with firebriar... 3D shoots can help you get practice using your range finder and shots at different distances. Plus their a lot of fun!

Comment

I think they are great for a real life scenerio. But a block is just as good most of the time.

Comment

I like them. Gives you practice on shot placement. Especially if you don't just take the broadside shot every time. Put the target uphill, downhill, quartering away/toward. Take your shots then go study the path that your arrow would have taken through the animal. Ask yourself if it would have penetrated 0,1,2 lungs. Would you have hit the heart?

This will all help you make better, ethical kills.

Comment

agreed with firebriar answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad