Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syed Elahi
    replied
    I like both, I need to state you get the opportunity to be extremely near the creatures and it's all the more difficult.

Leave a comment:

• FishontheFly
    replied
    I love both, but I have to say I think bowhunting is a little more exciting...you get to be really close to the animals and it's more challenging. Plus, in Colorado you get to hunt for a month, its warmer than rifle season, elk are bugling, and you're out in the woods when all the leaves are changing colors.....beautiful! I'm never opposed to a rifle hunt though.

Leave a comment:

• Big C
    replied
    definitely prefer bowhunting...more of a challenge.

Leave a comment:

• Taylor3535
    replied
    Golfing Sportsman hit the nail on the head with this one. I agree completely with him! Bowhunting, is hunting, and is much more rewarding.

Leave a comment:

• wvuskinsfan3
    replied
    I'm prefer bow hunting over any other hunting out there. Don't get me wrong i love to rifle hunt as well but any ole person can go sit on a hill with a high powered rifle and kill a deer. To me bow hunting is much more of a challenge and gives you a greater sense of accomplishment if youre successful.

Leave a comment:

• jbird
    replied
    I love both, but I definitely feel more confident w/ a gun. I've gun hunted for 24 years though, and I've only bow hunted for the past 5.

Leave a comment:

• muskiemaster
    replied
    bow hunting is the best if you ask me it's more skill required and personal.

Leave a comment:

• Golfing Sportsman
    replied
    Bow hunting is about hunting, gun hunting is about getting together with friends and family and having a week long reunion.

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    I guess if I have to define myself, I'm a bowhunter, but I don't necessarily have a preference.

You know what the worst part about bowhunting is? You don't get to use guns.

Leave a comment:

• idahooutdoors
    replied
    Both, whatever is open is currently my favorite.

Leave a comment:

• slothman
    replied
    i love hand gun hunting more than both long guns and bows

Leave a comment:

• rocky d bashaw
    replied
    i really enjoy hunting, bow, gun general and muzzle loader seasons. bow gets you down and close to nature and the hunt, bow is real hunting, gun can be too if you dont sey in a stand waiting for the animal to walk by.

Leave a comment:

• PotterMan96
    replied
    I personly like Gun Hunting better because you have more acuracy. But Bow hunting gives you the thrill as you are pulling the string back aiming at the buck of a life time but both weapons are amazingly fun!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• blazer_ov-1d
    replied
    Bowhunting hands down! Season is much longer here in Wisconsin. I can shoot my bow in in my back yard without the guy next door freaking out. Thousands of shots costs me the price of a half dozen arrows and some field points (that is like a tenth the cost of 1000 rifle rounds and the cost of gas to drive to the range. A great bow costs less than a good rifle.

Leave a comment:

• Reid Jones
    replied
    i like rifle hunting much more. rifle hunting is a lazy sport to me haha. it's annoying in bow hunting how you have to fix fletches, get new broadheads, worry about losing expensive arrows, etc. don't get me wrong, i think its fun. but i would much much rather be rifle hunting. also, when i shoot my bow, i can't really shoot as many shots per day on the range as i can with my rifle. it's a lot less tiring to shoot a rifle. if you think it's fun, go bowhunt. i don't really like it too much.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad