Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you like bow hunting or gun hunting. i like bow hunting much more

do you like bow hunting or gun hunting. i like bow hunting much more

im a gun hunter but im trying to get into bow hunting so i can hunt behind my house in ohio.

Comment

i like rifle hunting much more. rifle hunting is a lazy sport to me haha. it's annoying in bow hunting how you have to fix fletches, get new broadheads, worry about losing expensive arrows, etc. don't get me wrong, i think its fun. but i would much much rather be rifle hunting. also, when i shoot my bow, i can't really shoot as many shots per day on the range as i can with my rifle. it's a lot less tiring to shoot a rifle. if you think it's fun, go bowhunt. i don't really like it too much.

Comment

Bowhunting hands down! Season is much longer here in Wisconsin. I can shoot my bow in in my back yard without the guy next door freaking out. Thousands of shots costs me the price of a half dozen arrows and some field points (that is like a tenth the cost of 1000 rifle rounds and the cost of gas to drive to the range. A great bow costs less than a good rifle.

Comment

I personly like Gun Hunting better because you have more acuracy. But Bow hunting gives you the thrill as you are pulling the string back aiming at the buck of a life time but both weapons are amazingly fun!!!!!

Comment

i really enjoy hunting, bow, gun general and muzzle loader seasons. bow gets you down and close to nature and the hunt, bow is real hunting, gun can be too if you dont sey in a stand waiting for the animal to walk by.

Comment

i love hand gun hunting more than both long guns and bows

Comment

Both, whatever is open is currently my favorite.

Comment

I guess if I have to define myself, I'm a bowhunter, but I don't necessarily have a preference.

You know what the worst part about bowhunting is? You don't get to use guns.

Comment

Bow hunting is about hunting, gun hunting is about getting together with friends and family and having a week long reunion.

Comment

bow hunting is the best if you ask me it's more skill required and personal.

Comment

I love both, but I definitely feel more confident w/ a gun. I've gun hunted for 24 years though, and I've only bow hunted for the past 5.

Comment

I'm prefer bow hunting over any other hunting out there. Don't get me wrong i love to rifle hunt as well but any ole person can go sit on a hill with a high powered rifle and kill a deer. To me bow hunting is much more of a challenge and gives you a greater sense of accomplishment if youre successful.

Comment

Golfing Sportsman hit the nail on the head with this one. I agree completely with him! Bowhunting, is hunting, and is much more rewarding.

Comment

definitely prefer bowhunting...more of a challenge.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad