Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what brand and model carbon arrow to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any suggestions on what brand and model carbon arrow to use?

Does anyone have any suggestions on what brand and model carbon arrow to use?

well this past year i used beman ics hunter elite and i think that they are great arrows the fly straight and fast and im gonna stay with these arrows for as long as i can

Comment

carbon express is also a good brand along with the bemans that alozzi mentioned

Comment

I think I am headed in the direction of Carbon Express.

Comment

Becareful with the cross weaved shafts. They make a lot of noise while being pulled across the rest. I don't think the blazer veins and weight forwards have been out long enough to be considered viable improvements to arrows. Staff stiffness should be your number one consideration then practice, practice, practice.

Make sure the length is also correct.

Comment

ics hunter elite has always been great for me the are durable and they are always reliable

Comment

This past year, I started shooting Beman ICS andreally liked how they performed. I went to our local "Big Ticket" sporting goods store just prior to archery season and saw that they had Easton ST Axis arrows on sale so I bought 1/2 dozen. Needless to say, I am hooked. Although they are heavier, I didn't have to adjust my pins one iota. I was hitting the exact same spot and driving the arrows 6 to 8 inches through the back of my Block target. The Bemans disdn't penetrate at all. I'm sure that there are better arrows, at a much higher price, but I don't think I'll shoot anything else.

Comment

I use easton axis on both my recurve and compound. Shield feathers for recurve and blazers for compound. I really enjoy the smaller shaft because it seems that the broadhead travels father into or through the target (animal)

Comment

Carbon Express is probably the best but Easton Axis is very good also. Try out both to see how you like them.

Comment

I used Easton Axis ST's for a year and switched to Carbon Express Maxima Hunters the last 2 years. Both are excellent. I've taken 8 seer with them in the last 3 seasons.

Comment

I am awaiting the delivery of my cam for the Reezen and I will try out both the Carbon Express and Easton’s and let you know. These carbon arrows are new territory for me because I have been shooting aluminum for 7-8 years now.

Comment

Id go with carbon express. Pricey but worth it.

Comment

carbon express is the way to go.

Comment

Gold Tip XT Hunter 5575 Great hunting arrows and are way cheaper than ics. Ive killed Moose,Elk,Caribou,Bear and many deer with these. I swear by them.

Comment

I use browning

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad