Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I bought some Muzzy broadheads when I first purchased my bow 3 years ago. They have never been shot at a deer or target. I was w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought some Muzzy broadheads when I first purchased my bow 3 years ago. They have never been shot at a deer or target. I was w

I bought some Muzzy broadheads when I first purchased my bow 3 years ago. They have never been shot at a deer or target. I was wondering if there is a way I can sharpen them or should I just get rid of them?

My first question would be why. If they have never been shot they should be fine, they won't just dull from sitting in the package.

Aren't Muzzy blades replaceable? Which would mean you could save a little money by just replacing the blades and not all new broadheads.

But it is possible to sharpen broadheads. That usually works better with the solid type of broadheads that the replaceable blade type. Check out this link
    http://www.3riversarchery.com/Broadheads+Points+Broadhead+Sharpening_c57_s23_p0_ cat.html

Comment

They should still be sharp. But if you don't want to spend on replacement blades, Cabelas or Bass Pro sells blade sharpeners.

Comment

Trying to sharpen a razorblade thats never been used is kinda like shooting yourself in the foot. I use muzzys right out of the box to right through the animal and I've never had any issue with them being dull.If they're new and you try to sharpen them you're proably just make them dull. Use the practice head they include for practice, switch over to the razors for hunting, replace the blades when you blow a arrow through a deer. It doesn't get any better than a Muzzy.

Comment

Should still be sharp.

Comment

They make replacement blades!

Comment

I'm guessing you are wanting to shoot broadheads that have fixed blades that you CAN sharpen after they are used and not have to buy new blades when they need them.

In that case get rid of them or use them as groundhog or squirrel heads and buy a good Stinger or Bear broadhead.

Comment

Use'm.

Comment

If they are dull sharpen every blade the same amount(swipes on sharping block)to keep accuracy. What ever you do don't throw the away!

Comment

Use them for practice, small game or coyote no need to toss them or like everyone else said use the replacement blades. I save mine for practice if they have been used no need to do this just a little quirk i guess. Just want the tip as sharp/pointy as possible. I wouldn't sharpen replaceable broadheads and try to use them on big game but to each his own.

Comment

They should still be shaving sharp, but if your worried they do sell rep. blades fairly cheap heads are fine.

Comment

They should be fine to use.

Comment

i would use them but if you second guess them just but new replacement blades

Comment

Agreed with Beekeeper answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How do you fly ?
                              by PigHunter
                              Like most everyone else, I buy a scope to feel a need. Only a few times have I taken advantage of a sale.

The Leupold VX3i on my .308 is...
                              Today, 06:44 PM
                            • How do you fly ?
                              by jhjimbo
                              Do you buy a scope when it is on deep discount, then look for the perfect rifle to put it on ? Or, you have the rifle and it needs glass, justkeep looking...
                              Today, 04:18 PM
                            • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
                              by PigHunter
                              Bubba, I've been curious too. This is our first and so far I like it during dry fire. We're going to see how it is at the range in a few days....
                              Today, 06:35 PM
                            • Handgun Laser Sights
                              by PigHunter
                              On 7/19, Milldawg mentioned he'd ordered a laser sight for his wife's Ruger LCP 380 and they were on sale at MidwayUSA. Well, that inspired me to order...
                              08-03-2020, 11:20 AM
                            • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
                              by PigHunter
                              Good question. The old style Ruger LC9 has a very long trigger pull that's similar to that of a double action only revolver. I think it would be unlikely...
                              Today, 06:32 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X