Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would you rather bow hunt, or rifle?? i personally like bow better. the weather is better, you get more a feel, and can see way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would you rather bow hunt, or rifle?? i personally like bow better. the weather is better, you get more a feel, and can see way

would you rather bow hunt, or rifle?? i personally like bow better. the weather is better, you get more a feel, and can see way more things sitting in a tree, rather then sitting in a blind.

I like both, but bow hunting is more challenging. If you are spottng and stalking it's damn hard to get within 30-40 yards of a deer for a good shot. You do get the early season advantage though and the deer aren't as spooky.

Comment

I enjoy bowhunting more for several reasons. The longer season, the close encounters, the uncrowded woods and unpressured deer. I find it a great deal more satisfying taking a deer with my bow, versus a rifle. That said, there are things i enjoy very much rifle hunting too. Putting on several miles stillhunting or hiking in to a far off spot to avoid other hunters or find pressured deer. Watching a larger field knowing i can cover it all is cool too. Where i hunt in Pa, when i shoot a buck with my bow, i am done for the year. One and done. It's been a few years since i carried my rifle, and I'm looking forward to my next chance.

Comment

i like rifle better because you dont just have to sit around in a tree all day, you can walk around during the day and sit up in a tree in the morn and evening

Comment

I like Rifle hunting. You don't have to hunt in a blind you can stalk game to. That is fun.

Comment

You can also spot and stalk hunt with a bow. That would be a real accomplishment to take a trophy buck or bull with a stick and string.

Comment

Bow hunting offers solitude because there are less hunters in the woods and longer seasons, but I love to shoot my guns. As far as the challange is concerned, you can challange yourself while rifle hunting. Most of the deer I have shot with my rifle have been within bow range. Use a single shot gun, hunt small funnels, just flat out use bow tactics if that is the challange that entertains you. But there is nothing more satisfying than dropping the hammer.

Comment

I prefer hunting with a firearm.

Comment

I'd have to go with bowhunting. I love the lack of pressure in the woods, and the anticipation of the 1st rut. Not to mention the milder weather. I also take alot more pride in a bow-killed buck. Good question!

Comment

You have to use a blind or treestand for bowhunting? Oh, damn. I guess I should go apologize to the deer on my wall for cheating...

Comment

bow, cause its funner and harder, but mostly like u i like the weather

Comment

I prefer firearm - probably because the season is so short.

I still hunt with bow quite often. One morning I stalked to within range of two different does and a buck, only to have the wind shift just as I drew the bow back each time. Busted 3 times. Walked up a wooded hillside and watched as a young buck settled into a bed. I slid behind a tree and snort wheezed at him until he hightailed it over the hill. Crested another hill and drew back on a coyote ... or so I thought ... let the bow back down because it was much too big for any coyote. Later that same day another small buck followed my estrous scent trail to within touching distance before I said, "Boo!" Went home empty handed but it was one of my more memorable days.

Comment

Depends on what you are hunting for. For most mamals in North America I prefer bow hunting.

Comment

It all depends. If you don't have a lot of time and want to get a deer rifle is better. If you have time and like close encounters bow hunting is better. Personaly I do both.

Comment

I would rather shoot a small doe with my bow than a trophy buck with a rifle. A bow requires so much more skill and any animal taken with a bow is a trophy in my eyes.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad