Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am getting Boning blazer wraps on my arrows so I can find them better. Do yu think my whisker biscuit will tear them up? If so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am getting Boning blazer wraps on my arrows so I can find them better. Do yu think my whisker biscuit will tear them up? If so

I am getting Boning blazer wraps on my arrows so I can find them better. Do yu think my whisker biscuit will tear them up? If so should I get a drop-away rest?

Save the Biscuits for the Gravy and your dog! Get a drop-away rest. Blazer Vanes are the way to go! They are more durable and stabilize your arrow faster and tighten your groups. After 30 yards, decreased accuracy from a Whisker Biscuit is noticeable, not to mention you lose between 5-7 fps of arrow speed!

Comment

You could always use a Lumenok and not have to worry about changing the rest of your set-up

Comment

I shot Quik-Spin wraps on my arrows last year through a Whisker Biscuit and had great success with 2" groups on the target and killed a buck with them. Never had any problems!

Comment

It's basically personal preference, like a .270 or 30-06!

Comment

the whisker biscuit it wont tear them up. for me at 50 yards with a whisker biscuit i can kill bunnies and gophers i don't hear them laughing a my arrow not hitting what i want.

Comment

I don't think the whisker biscuit should have to much affect on something like that.

Comment

For one thing I don't know many people that like the whisker biscuit sights so maybe you should look into a fall away rest for that reason alone and see if you like it more. I don't think there will be an issue of tearing up your vanes and if the whisker biscuit IS tearing up your vanes that means there is a massive amount of resistance when the arrow goes through and that is going to result in inconsisent arrow flight and a multitude of other problems. The key to good arrow rests are the limited amount of interference with the arrow and vanes.

Comment

I don't think the the bisbuit should affect them, but let us know how it works out for you.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad