Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone else ever accidently cut/stabbed themselves with their broadheads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone else ever accidently cut/stabbed themselves with their broadheads?

Has anyone else ever accidently cut/stabbed themselves with their broadheads?

Yes I have. I think most of us probably have cut ourselves.

Comment

I did it when they were still in the quiver!

Comment

Somehow one of my G5 Montecs ended up on the floor and I stepped on it. Very very stupid, the only good thing is that it was me and not someone else, It's good to be the only victim of your own idiocy.

Comment

yes i have. it hurts alot.

Comment

Guess I'm lucky. Cut the car seat once and my jeans leg once in all these years.

Comment

Like paper-cuts, only much worse. Sometime's it's a bloodbath.

Comment

Nope, just poked a couple holes in my blinds, and my bow case, and pack, and ....

Comment

This year was the first time i went archery and the first time i opened open the case of brodheads i cut my hand.

Comment

I too have stepped on one (at sombody else's house). Didn't even feel it. Kept walking and then just noticed that my foot felt funny. I looked down at the fat part by my pinky toe and saw a three inch gash as deep as a blade. Clean cut that stiched up nicely.

Comment

Luckily no, had a friend who fell on one though and stabbed it dang near through his leg. Thankfully he missed the major arteries.

Comment

Not my own broadhead, but jabbed my hand on one while gutting a deer. Someone else stuck the buck before I did and it never died.

Comment

1st year bowhunting, I tried to unscrew a broadhead with my thumb and index finger between the blades. One of the dumbest, if not the dumbest things I ever done did! I cut my thumb and finger so bad, I bled like a stuck pig for at least 2 minutes! I bought a broadhead wrench about 20 minutes later, with bandages on my fingers!

Comment

yes, the blades in my thunderheads are very sharp,razers

Comment

I talked to a hunter who hunted the adjacent land, and he stated that he had dropped an arrow out of his quiver as he sat in his tree stand, unknowingly.

He climed down,and just as he was about to let go of the last rung of the ladder,all of his weight landed on the broadhead, as the arrow was pointing straight up.

While in route to the hospital, which was a considerable distance away, he decided to pull it out.
                              Big mistake!

He started loosing blood at a faster rate, as he was passing out from the blood loss.They arrived at the hospital, just in time.

He had a scar that resembled a star. The broadhead was the "Thunderhead"!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad