Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am getting my Diamond The Rock bow tomorrow. I am also getting a new rest sometime. I want to know if I should sight it in wit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am getting my Diamond The Rock bow tomorrow. I am also getting a new rest sometime. I want to know if I should sight it in wit

I am getting my Diamond The Rock bow tomorrow. I am also getting a new rest sometime. I want to know if I should sight it in with my current rest, sight, and stabilizer or wait untill I get my new rest so that I don't have to sight it in again.

I would start shooting but then you didn't say how long until you get the new rest.

Comment

Wait until you get your new rest, get it laser-lined first with your arrow, sight, string and peep-sight, and then get it paper-tuned if you want to.

Comment

Dude, you're getting a new bow, you should do what you can to get it right before you walk out the door, after you laid down your hard-earned cash. I don't think many people buy new bows every year as they are more expensive the a very nice rifle, or at least I don't.

Comment

This is only my socond bow in 14 years. I am getting the bow at a llocal dealer, but mail-ordering the sight and rest.

Comment

Good luck! I wish I were getting a new bow, but my wife said I have to bring home a Pope & Young Buck or Bull this Fall first. Give Trophy Taker Xtreme Full-Containment Rest and the Montana Black Gold FlashPoint Sight, they're awesome!

Comment

I was leaning more towards the QAD Ultra-Rest Hunter drop-away and the TruGlo TruSite Xtreme 5-pin sight.

Comment

Yeah, those are very good too, I've had the TruGlo sight you are mentioning and it was very good for the price (around $50.00?) QAD rests are solid too. Enjoy your new set-up.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Dog.

Comment

Wait until you get your new stuff. Season is a long way off so don't worry about getting it sighted in until you have the stuff that your using next year

Comment

If I had a new bow I would be shooting it.

Comment

Depends on how bad you want to shoot it, how much of a pain you think sighting in is, and how soon until you buy the rest. I personally think that is as much fun as any othe shooting, so I would sight it in now and later (as long as I wasn't getting the rest this weekend or something).

Comment

Agreed with BuckTheSystem answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad