Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4" inch or 2" vanes which do you prefer? I shoot 4", but am considering switching to 2". I know, if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with Beekeeper answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• Hunt_Hard
    replied
    I shoot Carbon Express "Edge" with 2" blazers and It is consistently accurate and quiet. I dont ever plan on going to 4"...

Leave a comment:

• chuckles
    replied
    I shoot the Maxima Hunters with the 2" Blazers. They hold tight groups as far out as I would shoot at an animal. I have never noticed more or less noise but years of gunfire and sitting on top of diesel engines have pretty much trashed my hearing.

Leave a comment:

• kolbster
    replied
    i shoot the 2in blazer veins and they work great for me.

Leave a comment:

• rocky d bashaw
    replied
    i use 4" and 5" feathers on 2413 aluminum shafts and wrk very well

Leave a comment:

• hjohn429
    replied
    I am getting 2" blazers because they are supposed to be more accurate. My friend uses 2" blazers, and my dad uses 6" feathers. Both of them get great groups with them.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    I guess I'm an old dinosaur who still shoots 4 inch feathers. They work for me so I've never considered changing!

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    I switched to Blazers 2 yr ago when I also changed arrows to Maxima Hunters. When I paper tuned they made a tiny hole with no tear. With Rage 2 blades I've shot 6 arrows and killed 5 deer with them. One arrow ticked a branch and hit the mature buck in the shoulder blade. The arrow did not penetrate and he got away.

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    I'm hard of hearing so i never noticed the noise

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    I've shot some pretty tight groups with blazers thru a whisker biscuit. I still lean towards 4" vanes for hunting though, the blazers make a lot more noise in flight.

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    I played with different vanes and broadheads for most of last summer before switching. I increased my draw weight when I replaced the string so changed everything (had shoulder surgery so reduced the draw weight for a couple of years). I finally picked the Blazers over 4" vanes and Quickspins because they were the most accurate and consistent for me.

The Blazers fletched with 1 degree offset didn't stabilize my arrows. Arrows struck targets at various angles. I ended up with a helical offset. Very good accuracy and consistency but a bit more noise. Seems I lost a bit of speed downrange but I am more concerned with accuracy.

Blazers are likely taller than than 4" vanes so clearance might be an issue. The Blazer is also much stiffer - positive for durability but negative if it touches anything. Helical offset might be an issue with a whisker biscuit. Other than that, they work for me. Nice that it is a Michigan made product.

When I switch broadheads, I will try out 4" vanes and Quickspins again, too. I'll shoot whatever works best. Like you said if what you have is working then why switch?

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    I purchased a dozen arrows at the end of archery season with 2in blazers. I have a lot of shooting to do before I make my decision. So far I see little difference except as Clay said, shooting with a crosswind may be the big difference.

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    The most noticeable difference would be in shooting crosswind. Try it and see what happens, 2” would be the same air dynamic load as a broadhead and with the added velocity over recurves, the additional arrow speed just might make up the differences with les drag!

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    Not sure of the advantages, but i started shooting blazers last year with good results. I suspect they're lighter and have lass drag, but that's a guess. I guess the Proofs in the Puddin' as they say. I'll continue to shoot'm

Leave a comment:

• 4" inch or 2" vanes which do you prefer? I shoot 4", but am considering switching to 2". I know, if it ain't broke don't fix it!

4" inch or 2" vanes which do you prefer? I shoot 4", but am considering switching to 2". I know, if it ain't broke don't fix it! But what are the advantages & disadvantages of 2" Blazer vanes?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad