Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should i be worried about a 295 fps bow not being fast enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i be worried about a 295 fps bow not being fast enough?

should i be worried about a 295 fps bow not being fast enough?

That is faster than my old bow that I fish with. And that is fast than my old PSE also.

Comment

Very few hunting bows with hunting arrows will go that fast. Quiet beats speed any day!

Comment

The new Bows are great when you look at speed and weight but slower bows have been killing deer for years, I will feel very comfortable with that.

Comment

I'm gettin a crossbow thats 260fps. 295 is plenty fast enough

Comment

What kind of arrows you using and weight of broadhead?

Comment

yeah, that's movin'.

Comment

295 fps is blazing fast for hunting. My only fear is your arrow may be to light.

Comment

For a pistol, yes I would be worried. For a bow, you're doing just fine. The rig I had last year shot right at 219 fps and blew right thru a doe at 31 yds.

Comment

You have been propagandized by the bow marketing folks. 295 is more than plenty if that's the bow's IBO rating, and if that's the actual speed you're getting with your hunting setup then you are really flying.

Comment

people used to throw spears at animals to kill them, and not nearly as fast as 295 fps!!

Comment

295 fps will do the trick just fine.

Comment

Sitting Bull is probably rolling over in his grave. His guys shot buffalo with their and they were probably going 200 fps. You got plenty of speed, putting it through the lungs is the trick.

Comment

the true question u should ask "is my poundage up enough to make shot out to a certain range" speed means nothing really you have guys going traditional shot a recurve and you can see the arrow fly out and hit the animal as long as you have the knockdown power then your fine

Comment

295fps will work. Practice, practice, practice and you'll be suprised what 295fps will do.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad