Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many years of bowhunting did it take before you got your first deer with a bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shane mcelroy
    replied
    i shot alot of deer my first year but had alot of time in it. the best advice for youre first year is to be patient and study the patterns. also make sure you are pot during the rut as much as possible!

Leave a comment:

• Big C
    replied
    I have hunted 4 years (although only a few weekends each year) and have not killed one yet. I hit a doe in the shoulder two years ago but she lived to see another day. Hopefully this will be my year!

Leave a comment:

• A.Johnson_08
    replied
    about a one month, I was lucky enough to have a nice little spike come in my direction. It was also my first deer.

Leave a comment:

• MNhunter23
    replied
    I started bow hunting last year and just saw one small fork that I decided to pass on. Hopefully this year I will see a couple more deer.

Leave a comment:

• deadeyedave08
    replied
    i got one with in the first year but missed a buck before that

Leave a comment:

• Johnny5
    replied
    i been hunting 2 years, and nothing, i shot and missed my second time out, and this season i hunted 2 weekends, and nothing even showed, i saw more deer dead on the side of the road driving to the cabin, then i did in the woods.

Leave a comment:

• willkillsdeer
    replied
    i might add i've never shot at any deer ethier

Leave a comment:

• willkillsdeer
    replied
    its been three years and still no luck i've had severl shots but mostly on yearlings its alot of fun and i'm not giveing up anytime soon.

Leave a comment:

• huskerguy
    replied
    I got a nice 8 pointer my first time, but I've been on a 3 year drought now.

Leave a comment:

• hjohn429
    replied
    Same thing that happened to steve182 happened to me, but I still havent gotten a bow kill.

Leave a comment:

• wallofsam
    replied
    The first month I hunted, but like steve182, I also would have bagged a deer sooner if I hadn't been strictly a buckhunter at the time.

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    I was buck hunting only at the time, or i'dve probably scored a lot sooner. This year i'll take a doe for the freezer right away and hold out for a Wallhanger. Have killed a few decent bucks with my bow, but the Good ones on my wall are rifle kills. Hope that'll change when i go to Ohio in November.

Leave a comment:

• timothyfaw
    replied
    3 month. Killed it in one shot

Leave a comment:

• rrmont
    replied
    It was my first time out in my second year. Took a nice fat doe, and boy did she taste good!

Leave a comment:

• Golfing Sportsman
    replied
    It took me two years before I got my first deer and I have yet to get a buck with my bow, but I haven't given up.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad