Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many years of bowhunting did it take before you got your first deer with a bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many years of bowhunting did it take before you got your first deer with a bow?

How many years of bowhunting did it take before you got your first deer with a bow?

2 months

Comment

I was fortunate to have harvested a six (6) point on my first archery hunt with my new Diamond Black Ice bow.

Comment

First time - still hunting.

Comment

As I remember I hunted for 4 or 5 years before I ever got a shot but back then the deer population in the south was not nearly as great as now. Good excuse huh?

Comment

Killed a doe with a very lucky shot first time out in 1973, Ft. Benning, GA. My arrow cut both Achilles tendons.

Comment

I have to admit, it took me a few years. Had a couple clean misses, right over their backs, made me change my technique. Now i follow the front leg up to the target instead of coming down from the top of back. Buck fever didn't help. Lately i've been very successful.

Comment

It took me two years before I got my first deer and I have yet to get a buck with my bow, but I haven't given up.

Comment

It was my first time out in my second year. Took a nice fat doe, and boy did she taste good!

Comment

3 month. Killed it in one shot

Comment

I was buck hunting only at the time, or i'dve probably scored a lot sooner. This year i'll take a doe for the freezer right away and hold out for a Wallhanger. Have killed a few decent bucks with my bow, but the Good ones on my wall are rifle kills. Hope that'll change when i go to Ohio in November.

Comment

The first month I hunted, but like steve182, I also would have bagged a deer sooner if I hadn't been strictly a buckhunter at the time.

Comment

Same thing that happened to steve182 happened to me, but I still havent gotten a bow kill.

Comment

I got a nice 8 pointer my first time, but I've been on a 3 year drought now.

Comment

its been three years and still no luck i've had severl shots but mostly on yearlings its alot of fun and i'm not giveing up anytime soon.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad