X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to register my new bow?

Do I need to register my new bow?

I would not be surprised!

“False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils, except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm those only who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicide, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. They ought to be designated as laws not preventive but fearful of crimes, produced by the tumultuous impression of a few isolated facts, and not by thoughtful consideration of the inconveniences and advantages of a universal decree.”
    -Ceasare Beccaria, 18th century criminologist, in On Crimes and Punishments

Comment

i didnt.

Comment

I am unaware of any place where archery equipment other than crossbows is regulated. The only legal restrictions here in Massachusetts (with the rediculously stringent gun laws) is the minimum poundage required for deerhunting. I suspect even felons can engage in archery. The best thing about archery for those paranoid about government forced disarmament is that it is impossible to suppress archery because unlike firearms that are difficult to manufacture a bow is a stick and a string. Arrows are a bit tougher to get right, but they are also low tech and very do-able. An archer can always rearm themself with access to natural materials.

Comment

No ...but after this incident in NY it wouldn't surprise me if some NY state legislator proposes that, along with microstamping all broadheads and field points.

Comment

I don't know of a registration requirement for bows. I wouldn't be surprised at anything that comes down the pike these days. Probably will want to lazer etch unique serial numbers onto each shaft and broadhead eventually...

Comment

I am assuming you ment on the paper that came with it. I didn't register mine.

Comment

Are you talking about registering it with the "authorities" or the manufacturer for warranty purposes?

Comment

Oops, if you do mean registering with the company I say, "Yes!" If there are any problems with the bow they can contact you directly and quickly. Sure beats having a bow limb break and ruin your day or your life. Bowtech recently had a recall on their General. I'd want to know about any problems pronto.

Comment

Not in Missouri, but yes with the warranty.

Comment

for the warranty, yes I would.

Comment

i would for the warranty if its not a mathews! but i have never heard of anyone doing it so im not to sure.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad