Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the first deer you ever killed with a bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with Beekeeper answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• Big C
    replied
    Still working on it.

Leave a comment:

• CavRecon
    replied
    Don't know yet. He/she is still out there!

Leave a comment:

• A.Johnson_08
    replied
    My first deer was a spike that scored 27". It came a little less than 20 yards from me and I let the arrow fly. He acted like nothing happened and walked about 30 yards and fell over! Will never forget that day.

Leave a comment:

• thuroy
    replied
    I shot a 4 point. After watching feed on alfalfa for about twenty minutes, I finally got a shot at 15 yards. Made a good shot, but it was the easiest tracking job I have every had. It took off and ran a total of about 70 yards, but in its last mad dash it made a huge u-turn and died about 10 feet from the base of my tree stand.

Leave a comment:

• riverrunner
    replied
    I was 10-12 feet up in a ladder stand. Watched a button buck walk towards me. He ended up six yards away and I thought, I can make that shot. I only had to draw my bow. He promptly stopped and looked in the other direction for about fifteen seconds. Hit both lungs and he ran 30 yards then fell over. I doubt it will ever get that easy again.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Fork horn with a Fred Bear 45 lb. recurve, wooden arrow and Bear Broadhead. Instinctive shooting. arrowed him at 12 paces from a ground blind on the edge of a soybean field. Double lung, complete pass through! He ran about 40 yards and tipped over. I was walking on air for days!

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    Spike buck, 25 yds. There were 12 deer under me, 3 spikes. Waited and waited for a better buck to show. Didn't happen. Eventually one of the Spikes gave me a shot i couldn't resist. I promptly shot over his back though. The second shot connected

Leave a comment:

• rrmont
    replied
    A whitetail doe at 22 yards.

Leave a comment:

• FloridaHunter1226
    replied
    A small Florida Whitetail... a 6 pointer that was lined up broadside and I shot it, getting a double lung hit.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    9pt quartering away at just over 40 yds, downhill and across a creek. Heart shot. Let me be the first to say there was a lot of luck involved. It was 1982 and I was shooting the top of the line Bear Whitetail.

Leave a comment:

• Walt Smith
    replied
    My first deer with a bow was a good sized doe. My third deer was my first bow buck a spike.

Leave a comment:

• KMB33
    replied
    Thst 12 pointer running around in the timber.

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    Mule Deer Arizona and what a day, shot it on the tallest ridge around and ran all the way down into the deepest canyon!

Leave a comment:

• Golfing Sportsman
    replied
    A doe fawn at 30 yards, stalked her from more than 100 yards away, that was the most memorable part of that hunt, not the shot.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad