Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i have just started to get back into bowhunting and i was wondering what is the best brand broadhead to use on deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have just started to get back into bowhunting and i was wondering what is the best brand broadhead to use on deer

i have just started to get back into bowhunting and i was wondering what is the best brand broadhead to use on deer

I really like fixed blades, they have the least chance of error. I really like the muzzy mx-3's!

Comment

G5 Montec.

Comment

Thunderheads have treated me very well. 100 gn. Muzzy are also good.

I would not recommend any mechanical. I have shot most brands and do not care for any of them.

Comment

wnysportsman beat me to it. Just about any fixed blade will do the job, but i think the muzzy mx3's fly the best.

Comment

Try this, click on my username then go to page 6 or 7 of my photo file. You should see 2 ten point bucks and a doe shot with Rage 2 blade mechanical broadheads. Note the size of the wounds. In the last 40 years or so I've used many but my best record for any B-head is 6 dead deer for 7 arrows shot since switching to Rage 2 blade (not 3). They are very accurate and deadly. On the downside they are relatively expensive and sometimes the blades unlock in the quiver but never had a problem when I shot one. All but two of those deer never made it out of sight. Bloodtrails are huge.

Comment

RAGE 2 and 3 blades

Comment

I like the Muzzy MX3. Never had a problem with them putting down a deer.

Comment

I shoot N.A.P. nitron fixed(3)blade 100gr. They shoot very close to my field tips and don't break the bank as most broadheads do.

Comment

Slick Trick 4-blade broadhead.

Comment

cant go wrong with the 100gr G5 montecs. go big or go home!

Comment

The ones that fly the best and penitrate best. I use G5 Montecs.

Comment

100gr thunderheads with fresh blades every time

Comment

Haven't been able to find my broadhead in stores lately. Once I run out I will likely switch to either the G5 Tekan or the Rage 2-blade.

Comment

Rage 2 or Rage 3 blades. They have big entrance wounds and requires little to no tracking.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad