Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has you or anybody you know ever RobinHooded an arrow? I did with a 25 pound youth when I was only 9 years old. But it doesn't r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has you or anybody you know ever RobinHooded an arrow? I did with a 25 pound youth when I was only 9 years old. But it doesn't r

Has you or anybody you know ever RobinHooded an arrow? I did with a 25 pound youth when I was only 9 years old. But it doesn't really count because i had shot about 8 arrows into the target and there was nowhere for the arrow to go but into another.

That is a true test of skill

Comment

No, but I have came real close before from 20 yards.

Comment

My brother RobinHooded my arrow at 25yds!

Comment

Several times. The best was a 40 yrd shot with a broadhead.

Comment

After a couple times you realize that it cost $10 a crack so the coolness wears off. I now shoot each arrow at separate targets - field points and broadheads. By the way, those metal rings at the nock of Carbon Express arrows don't help on a direct hit.

Comment

MLH said it best so far, it's bittersweet. Your first reaction is "sweet" and then it's "damn it, there gos another arrow". I've done it a couple of times and they are both hanging in some racks on the wall.

Comment

It happens more than you'd think. It happened to me 4 days after getting my bear lights out with carbon express 20 dollar apiece arrows, my groups weren't even very big. It just randomly hit the nock about halfway through the arrow. I would post it but i dont know how.

Comment

A friend wanted a new bow so we went to my favorite bow shop, Mossy Point Outfitters, in Van Buren Arkansas. All the time he was worrying about how accurate it was after all the tuning and fitting the bow to him. I did the initial sight in shot and made adjustment, I shot the 2nd arrow that was just 2 inches high and left and shot the 3rd and William Tailed the second arrow. Made one more adjustment shot dead center and handed it to him, all at 20 yards

Comment

Several times for me also. As MLH said the shine kind of comes off the apple when you think what went down the drain! I shoot at target dots spread around on the target. I don't shoot out the center near as fast that way either.

Comment

I have done it once. I have come plenty close though, shearing off fletchings and scrapping up the sides of the arrows. Its a true test though and is a good way to win some bragging rights! LOL

Comment

Actually this past summer I kinda Robin Hooded one, but these days the arroes we use cant really split perfectly down the middle. It was actually kinda of annoying because I couldnt use that arrow anymore because the nock exploded and there was a huge crack in the back. But it's nice to know that I'm shooting that well. Also my friend did that as well, but his arrow was stuck into the back of the other. I think they are hanging on his wall now.

Comment

It's best when you get your buddies arrow during a shoot. I've never done that but have seen it done. We're always aiming at noc during a shoot if it's a good shot.

Comment

My shop teacher from middle school once brought in an aluminum arrow that he put almost all the way through the one before it.

Comment

I shot through my buddy's Blazer Vane from his arrow at least 3 times.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
                                by FirstBubba
                                Ya know bhr!
                                I think conservatives have figured out that "racist" and "sexist" are trigger words and liberals use them to shut...
                                Today, 03:57 PM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                Yesterday, 09:20 PM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by FirstBubba
                                "... I need a life? Just shooting geese and pheasants doesn't constitute a life? Oops, you forgot about big bucks every year, African animals, fly...
                                Today, 03:40 PM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                Up to November should be a very interesting time ! The D’s should have a easy time in that any criticism of Harris will result in racism/sexism charges...
                                Today, 03:34 PM
                              • Reply to Trump
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                That QAnon crap is so far out there. Ridiculous. Unbelievable that so many Americans are buying into it. But hey, why should I be surprised. National...
                                Today, 03:26 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X