Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mattews Drenalin or Switchback? Which is better? Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattews Drenalin or Switchback? Which is better? Why?

Mattews Drenalin or Switchback? Which is better? Why?

I love my HCA 4RUNNER and I'm sticking to it!

Comment

I have a DXT. I really love it! I have never shot a switchback but my DXT is superfast, light, and I am extremely accurate with it.

Comment

drenalin

Comment

NIETHER!
          If you want a GREAT bow, then you need to be shooting a BOWTECH!

Comment

I agree with benji. That's why I am getting my Diamond The Rock this Saturday.

Comment

Really? My buddy just bought a REEZEN and is shooting 5-inch groups at 50 yards!

Comment

Legal to use a spear in Alabama!

Comment

The Drenalin is superlight because of the thin limbs and is very fast. The Switchback LD has a very long brace height, is a bit heavier, and slower, and might better fits people with long draw lengths. The Switchback is still fast enough, though, and I think the longer brace height will make it more stable in a hunting environment. Also less shock, if I remember correctly. Guess it depends on what someone is looking for. I would still like a Switchback XT but it looks like they no longer offer it.

If someone wants speed, is okay with the brace height, and can live with the 80% let-off, then for a marginal increase in price over the Drenalin, there's the Reezen. In any case, go to a shop and shoot them all.

Comment

You need to shoot both bows and see which one feels better to you the Drenalin and Switchback are both great bows but each have a very differt feel and your choice is all dependent on you and the type of feel you like.

Comment

I have the original switchback which the re-released as the S2. I would have a very tough time switching, because it is very smooth. However, I don't think you could go wrong with either they are Mathews.

Comment

Switchback

Comment

I like Switchback too!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad