Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does any one find that using a traditional bow gives you more of a sence of pride then a compound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does any one find that using a traditional bow gives you more of a sence of pride then a compound?

Does any one find that using a traditional bow gives you more of a sence of pride then a compound?

I think doing anything in a traditional manner provides more of a challenge and certainly a greater sense of accomplishment.

Comment

I think doing anything in a traditional manner provides more of a challenge and certainly a greater sense of accomplishment.

Comment

Comment

nah

Comment

I agree with Beekeeper.

Nate

Comment

I've never used a traditional bow, so I really can't compair the two. I love the rush of taking an animal with a compound though.

Comment

Absolutley, I always here from the non-hunters say that its not fair because you use a compound bow. Using a traditional bow levels the playing field. It tkes alot of practice to get a deer with your traditional bow.

Comment

It definately feels like ore of an accomplishment, but it also brings us closer to our the prehistoric hunter within all of us. Using a stick and a string to bring down an animal to survive, its what we were meant to do!

Comment

YOUR NOT ALONE. ilove the challenge and simolicuty of a recure. i would nnever use any thing else

Comment

I know several fellows who would not hunt with anything but a take down recurve. Some guy in Montana makes them and they are not cheap. One friend sticks with a longbow and is usually effective. They just don't care for the gadgets and gizmos of a high tech compound. One such archer told me that if you don't buy the newest latest greatest compound each year you are considered to be behind the times.

Comment

I use a compound bow, but i think using a traditional recurve would give me a sense of pride.

Comment

I too am a confirmed traditionalist archer. Partially it is due to all the time I spent goofing off in the SCA, but mostly it is because the weird let off on the compound draw has always thrown my form off and I can't hit worth a damn with a compound. My recurve I'm pretty good with, even won a contest once.
                          The other thing is that I'm just too cheap to want anything that would require buying all new gear every year just to keep up with the Joneses.

Comment

A traditional bow offers more forgiveness than a compound because it is taller. The advantage to a compounds is that it is smaller and can be carried around and into a treestand a lot easier. I wouldn't say there is too much more satisfaction in taking game with a traditional rather than a compound. They are both great methods of hunting.

Comment

I have never used a traditional so I sort of feel that a compound is a "new" way of hunting for me anyway. You could make the same argument comparing an x-bow and a compound.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to The George Floyd case.
                                by 99explorer
                                Dream on boys. We've all seen an actual cold-blooded murder take place on TV, and the kneeling cop will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law....
                                Today, 12:57 AM
                              • The George Floyd case.
                                by FirstBubba
                                Body cam footage shows Floyd wasn't murdered. The cop kneeling on his neck might have been negligent, but his actions did not kill Floyd.
                                Minnesota...
                                Yesterday, 10:23 PM
                                by crm3006
                                My mistake, I didn't realize the Minnesota AG was going to prosecute. I thought it was U.S. Attorney Erica MacDonald. ellison being a muslim, there is...
                                Yesterday, 11:24 PM
                              • Masks
                                by crm3006
                                Here ya go, boys and girls. I'm not much in favor of posting links, but this one is both thought provoking and hilarious! ...
                                Yesterday, 11:17 PM
                                by FirstBubba
                                Ellison is Keith Ellison. Once a Rep from MN. He is also a Muslim.
                                He gave up his House seat to run for MN AG. That will set him up to run for...
                                Yesterday, 11:15 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X