Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This often comes up when im with my hunting buddies. Do you use a rangefinder? Why or why not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• northern sportsman
    replied
    I have never have used one in all of my years of hunting. Im not saying there not useful for the beginner but you need to know your distance by good old practicing what would happen if your batteries died? would you have an electronic meltdown? or use your skills to get you buy think about it did fred bear have a range finder?

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    Yes, primarily when bowhunting. Use it to check distances to various trees around my stand. Also use it periodically to gauge my guess at objects at various distances.

Leave a comment:

• kolbster
    replied
    i do when i can borrow my brothers.

Leave a comment:

• KMB33
    replied
    I just use my dads. I use muzzleloader, so when i get to my blind i just see how far away landmarks are, and compare deer with them to see if their close enough. I dont use them after about the first 5 minutes in the blind though, they are too loud and if a deer comes out while using one you are in trouble, cause you might spook it while putting the range finder down and picking up your gun.

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    yes i do because i want to know how far the deer is.

Leave a comment:

• VT Outdoorsman
    replied
    I dont use one because I dont have one. I think one is in my future though.

Leave a comment:

• buck hunter 17
    replied
    No because i hunt in a very wooded area and i dont have the money but it would be nice for oppen areas.

Leave a comment:

• lovetohunt
    replied
    I don't have on are they worth the money?

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    Bow only, I have a Bushnell thats mounted on my HCA 4Runner

Leave a comment:

• This often comes up when im with my hunting buddies. Do you use a rangefinder? Why or why not?

This often comes up when im with my hunting buddies. Do you use a rangefinder? Why or why not?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad