Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is everyones thoughts on hunting turkey with a crossbow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is everyones thoughts on hunting turkey with a crossbow?

What is everyones thoughts on hunting turkey with a crossbow?

GO FOR IT!

Comment

Sounds like fun!

Comment

turkeys are fine. but i dont like deer hunting with a cross bow.

Comment

Even more of a challenge than with a shotgun. More power to ya.

And you actually have more options and angles for shots. No waiting for that funky head to pop up.

Comment

If it gets you into the woods have at it.

Comment

I agree with everyone else, but i know for a fact you have to be youth or disabled, or senior citizen, so check your state regs.

Comment

Never heard of it. I think it would be hard but fun.

Comment

Sound very fun. I would personally go for useing a regular compound bow, but I can't argue with useing a cross-bow because I have never used one.

Comment

I think its great. Cant pull and hold a bow anymore because of arthritis. Just started with cross bow this spring. Its not as easy as I thought it would be. Heavier than a shotgun and harder to raise without being seen. But great to be able to still hunt with a bow.

Comment

hello everyone saw post and wanted to share this is my first turkey and i got my first tom with a crossbow..24 lbs 10 3/4 beard and 3/4 inch spurs, got him opening day at 700 am at about 35 yards only advice i would give is to move your bow slowly and get it up way before he comes, with the accuracey of todays bows and knowledge of your own bow, yardage is not a factor.. keep in mind your arrow will more than likely be going through the bird, example i shot this bird at about 35 yards arrow went through his neck and i found the arrow the following day atleast 65 yards if not more past the point at witch i shot the bird at...

Comment

I love the idea!! How did it work out for you?

Comment

I love a crossbow. It was hard getting used to it, but Im learning. This is my 1st year hunting turkey; called a gobbler in and shot him at about 25 yards. 7/8 spurs and 9" beard. Im going to try crossbowing a turkey next spring. So go for it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad