Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you ladies and gents enjoy hunting with traditional archery equipment including wooden arrows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you ladies and gents enjoy hunting with traditional archery equipment including wooden arrows?

How many of you ladies and gents enjoy hunting with traditional archery equipment including wooden arrows?

I use an old Fred Bear recurve quite a bit, but don't have the stones to go so far as wooden arrows.

Comment

aside from the fact that my bow is a fiberglass composite recurve (not a yew or lemonwood stick bow), My way is as trad as I can get. Wooden arrows , feather fletching, no sights, no clicker and a handmade leather fingertab , bracer and quiver.

Comment

I have several recurves and a couple stick bows. I shoot them every year and hunt them every once in a while. I wouldn't call myself a traditonalist. i just hunt a lot and like to mix it up.

Comment

I have always wanted to but never had the time as i have gotten preoccupied with fly-fishing, rifle hunting, bird hunting, and regular freshwater fishing.

Comment

Tred Bearta does.

Comment

I wish i had the money to. IT would be fun.

Comment

I was thinking of buying a recurve or longbow a while back but i bought a compound instead. In the future, however, I want to buy one and hunt some exotic game with it. Going back to the traditional ways is a way to connect with our inner indian/caveman.

Comment

I have an old recurve that I use for shooting carp.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump
                    by FirstBubba
                    Is Joe Biden reaching the point of no return mentally? That’s the word from Dan Bongino, who shared earlier today that he’s hearing from sources close...
                    Today, 06:39 PM
                  • Trump
                    by Danbo
                    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/coro...-outbreak.html
                    04-17-2020, 06:15 AM
                  • Reply to Prism Scopes?
                    by FirstBubba
                    Buckshott00, I have a real problem with overcoming my OFS to try new things.
                    I've had some very pleasant surprises when I finally tried a "New...
                    Today, 06:36 PM
                  • Prism Scopes?
                    by Buckshott00
                    Any of you fellas (or gals if there are any still on here) ever use a Prism Scope / Optic?

They might be a good option compared to traditional...
                    07-31-2020, 02:14 AM
                  • Reply to Quiz
                    by crm3006
                    Ya'll are making me real glad that all the travel I did over and around water in Africa was by helicopter.
                    Today, 06:32 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X